• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nostalgia???

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
What sort of nostalgia would you like to see return in SwS?

I'd really like to see something like the magic medallions from AlttP it was a neat idea and could widely be enhanced if not the magic medallions then the magic spells from Aol or OoT.

I want to see a number of characters (including enemies) places, landmarks, and songs from the classic Zelda games, particularly the first three (LoZ, AoL and ALttP). Skyward Sword is already a prequel to the entire series, so regardless of where those three games go on the timeline, thematically that would still be very cool. We've already seen some evidence of this happening, what with the return of classic land-based Octoroks, Moblins as semi-regular enemies, and a Stalfos Knight (the four-armed, crazy Stalfos different than the normal one).

That's what I'd like to see in Skyward Sword. I think they could use it a lot and expand off it, and bring back some enemies that would be very interesting in 3D, like Lynels. :) It would be epic if they did this with the soundtrack as well, at least somewhat. Perfect time to do it, too, with the first fully orchestrated Zelda soundtrack.

vcdomith

Mad Artist
(First Post:))
I would like to see a BIG Plot Twist, maybe Ghirahim destroing Skyloft?, or a cutscene that makes me cry(happiness or sadness)

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
The only thing I desire to see from past games would be familiar music, enemies, landmarks and items, but I would like to see a lot of new stuff though. I don't won't this just to be the "same old same old".

the only things i want to see or hear is: some of the music but not too much, and some connections to oot and tp. the temple of time being built would be nice and it would be interesting to see the mirror of twilight again.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
A Nostalgia moment should blow my mind. Including a giant twist at the end. Yes, something like a Sleeping Princess. Well, I want to see something related to The Adventure of Link (this game is like the Black Swan of a big family). Maybe it's impossible because of the Timeline. But yes, when it comes to Nostalgia, it should be something very big related to a classic Zelda. I'm also a huge A Link to the Past Fan. Well, surprise me, Nintendo.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
It'd be great if the Siren World's theme had a few cues of A Link to the Past's Dark World theme.Kinda like the Hyrule Field theme from OoT, which had a few notes from the original Overworld theme.

But something original would be better.

(My secret wish is a character who's name is Error. That would be friggin' funny)

I'm just gonna take what they give us. I already know we'll see a fair amount of OoT stuff, so I don't really care what they bring us, as long as the game is epic.
Ah, yeah, that's true that they've basically confirmed that there'll be a ton of Ocarina of Time references. That should be interesting to see, for sure, but I hope it doesn't mean we won't still get references to the classic Zelda songs.

the only things i want to see or hear is: some of the music but not too much, and some connections to oot and tp. the temple of time being built would be nice and it would be interesting to see the mirror of twilight again.
I don't want a soundtrack entirely built out of remixes either. If they do some, I'd like to see them done very, very uniquely, and perhaps as SinkingBadges suggested, not taking up the entire song but rather only a portion of it. (By the way, SinkingBadges, I love the idea of them using the Dark World theme!) As for the Mirror of Twilight, developer wording surrounding Ghirahim is strongly suggesting that him and his tribe are the Dark Interlopers of Twilight Princess' backstory, as I predicted, so if that turns out to be true, the Mirror of Twilight is essentially confirmed; the Mirror is a crucial part of that story.

I want to see the return of various music from the series, and all the other posters of this thread have some good ideas, as well. Also, it would be cool if a strange person instructs you on playing the harp, in a similar fashion reminiscent to how Sheik teaches you songs (OoT).

Ganondork

goo
I'd love to see Gorons, Zoras, Kokiris, and Deku Scrubs. Maybe some easter eggs from older games, too. I adore nostalgia, especially ALttP nostalgia ;)

Yeah i really hope they don't forget the classic zeldas...i could see them sticking to simply TP and OOT. Any reference at all to the oracle games would be amazing!

Djinn

and Tonic
I like a unique game that stands out from the others so I would not like to see too many aspects reused over and over again. With that in mind there are a few things that I do not mind at all seeing again in future sequels.

First is landscapes, almost every game takes place in Hyrule so it makes sense for the areas to be relatively the same from one game to the next. There should be a Lost Woods (or at least some forest region of importance) A desert and Death Mountain. The actual designs of these areas can change, as places to change over time, people erect new buildings, or leave old ones, land erodes, or other natural phenomena occurs. Essentially like the transition from OoT to TP, the kingdom was still there but a lot of time has passed and the land is different now. Obviously Death Mountain will still be there, but the Gorond might have constructed a few more mines or an eruption may have collapsed a few old ones. I want to wonder around in Hyrule again and look over the newer changed versions of places I have been to in the past, I want to see Hyrule Field again and view what might be there this time around.

Second would be enemies. Just as certain enemies from other series have become synonymous with their franchise, such as hardhats with Megaman, shyguys with Yoshi, or the Tonberrys and Moogles of Final Fantasy. There are certain enemies I would like to see in each Zelda game like moblins or octorocks. Hyrule has it's own wildlife that could become common sights like the dodongos of Death Mountain or the Skull Kids of the Lost Woods. Again, almost every game takes place in Hyrule it makes sense to see similar enemies from previous games roaming around the familiar areas. I would love to see some of the older enemies return as well. Lynels, Aquamentus, or keatons would be great to see again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom