• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

NOOOOO!

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
What is the best "NOOOOO!" from movies and TV-series? I suppose it's quite individual on what people think, but some just are better than others.

Of course there's the infamous "NOOOOO!" from Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith, uttered by Darth Vader, that's one of the most well known ones. But my personal favorite comes from my favorite movie, Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring. It's Frodo's "NOOOO!"

He conveys so many things in this scene with that "NOOOO!". Of course he is devestated that Gandalf just fell, but also he feels responsible for it. Gandalf never wanted to go through the mines of Moria to begin with, but ultimately gave Frodo the choice if they should go through them or not. Frodo then decided that the mines would be the better path, rather than freezing to death trying to get through the mountain pass of Caradhras, even though Gandalf thought otherwise.
In the scene afterwards, you see the other hobbits breaking down, crying. But not Frodo. He is slowly stumbling away from the others until Aragorn calls out for him. When he turns around to the camera, his tears are streaming, but his face just looks kind of numb with sadness. He feels responsible for the death of Gandalf, and it's weighing heavy on him.

Do you have any "NOOOOO!"'s that you really like?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I wish I could find a clip, but from Everybody Hates Chris where Julius asks Drew what he's listening to on the radio and I think he says the Mets, which are his new favorite baseball team
it's immediately followed by Julius screaming NOOOOOOOOOO, then the planet blows up

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom