• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

No Shield Run!

G

glaceer

if it's possible, a run without a shield would be awesome/challenging to do :)
Anyone else thought of this?

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Yes, some people do this in any game where you can lose your shield or if getting the shield in the first place is optional. Since shields can be broken from enemy attacks in this game "Uber runners" will probably defend against an enemy until their first shield breaks and never buy a new one. Combine it with 3 hearts (or whatever the minimal amount is), no upgrades and no unnecessary items and you have a pretty hard Zelda game.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
I'm pretty sure some enemies are nearly impossible to defeat without the shield. Maybe the beamos? From the trailers, it seems you need to reflect the beam with the shield to stun it, then you slice it.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I'm pretty sure some enemies are nearly impossible to defeat without the shield. Maybe the beamos? From the trailers, it seems you need to reflect the beam with the shield to stun it, then you slice it.
Perhaps there's another way to defeat it or you might not have to defeat it at all? I've watched very few of the trailers so I may be spitting out nonsense here. I just hope you can beat the game with no shield and three hearts. It would run a great deal of replay value for thousands of fans and I.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Yes, it's possible, unless firstly optional, by getting your shield broken and not replacing it.

G

glaceer

Haha, yeah that's true :) 11 more days.... =) and i really hope the game can be completed without a shield (except for some rare occasions)

onilink17

onilink17
Honestly i thought about this my self because to challenge myself on Zelda games, after i beat it once i go threw again with no shield and three hearts. Since the game is pretty much impossible to play without a shield and they confirmed you start the game with six hearts I'll have to make up some other kind of challenge. bummer :(

R

Rodmaster 2000

You could do it on OoT if you burn the Deku Shield and never buy another and don't buy the hylian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom