• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

No Sheild

M

Maloandtalo

Have you played twilight princess without your sheild by burning it in the fire temple? i could!

Z

zeldim

I never did it myself... But it sounds kinda fun to me. I'm doing TP for the second time right now and I maybe try it...

M

Maloandtalo

Yeah its pretty epic when your outside the door for the boss fire temple then all those goblins come i forgot what their called Mublins??

Kazumi

chagy
Believe it or not, I've actually done a TP Mega Challenge. At least that's what I call it. I played through the whole game with no Shield, the Wooden Sword, the Zora Armor (Once I got it), and with only three hearts. Believe it or not, it was hard. But it was still pretty fun.

And the game actually gets a whole lot harder without a shield. You don't really realize just how much you use the Shield until you can't use it..

I have not done this yet, but it's a cool idea. I'm surprised I didn't think of it actually. :sweat:

I've been doing a 3-Heart Challenge in TP using the Zora Armor only (once you get it), but I didn't think of cutting out the shield. I did intend to use the Wooden Sword only in another playthrough though, as Kaz suggested.

Yes I have and its so fun to do, but I don't save afterward because I like the Ordon Shield.
You can always buy another Ordon Shield at the Malo Mart in Kakariko Village. ;)

Yeah its pretty epic when your outside the door for the boss fire temple then all those goblins come i forgot what their called Mublins??
They're called Bulblins. There have been Moblins in various games in the series, as well as Miniblins in WW and Bokoblins in both WW and TP, but the guys you're referring to, the ones that ride on the boars (the boars are called Bullbos, actually) and shoot fire arrows, are called Bulblins. :)

Believe it or not, I've actually done a TP Mega Challenge. At least that's what I call it. I played through the whole game with no Shield, the Wooden Sword, the Zora Armor (Once I got it), and with only three hearts. Believe it or not, it was hard. But it was still pretty fun.

And the game actually gets a whole lot harder without a shield. You don't really realize just how much you use the Shield until you can't use it..
Nice. That sounds epic.

I believe it. The shield has always been pretty essential throughout the series. Even though I almost always use it subconsciously, I can definitely picture a huge spike in difficulty without it.

Last time I checked you HAVE to leave the Wooden sword behind (plus you need both the Ordon Sword and Master Sword to even progress without cheating). And that is just a normal wooden shield you can buy later, not the Ordon Shield.

Last time I checked you HAVE to leave the Wooden sword behind (plus you need both the Ordon Sword and Master Sword to even progress without cheating). And that is just a normal wooden shield you can buy later, not the Ordon Shield.
Correct under normal circumstances, but you can actually skip the Ordon Sword and keep the Wooden Sword with a bug. I believe this is how Kazumi did it and it's how I intend to do it. Of course you need the Master Sword to advance through the game, but you can still avoid using it in battle, or at least in any situation other than when it's required.

Oh, really? I didn't realize that. I never actually highlighted it in the store, I just assumed it was the Ordon Shield. Thanks! :sweat:

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I've done a few shield-less runs before in quite a few games (TP, OoT, MM) it's always fun to make Zelda harder when you've been playing it for so long, and I think it makes Link look different (you actually get to see those pouches on his belt in TP a lot more). I'd like to try a shield-less run for my first run through of the Wii game that is coming out, that would be interesting. But back on topic, It's too bad Link cant just remove his shield. Instead we are forced to loose/destroy them, such a waste... however it does gives us another reason to spend all those rupees Link finds.

Ikana

Trollkastel
I might do that sometime.It seems that it would be a challenge.I never knew that you could use the wooden sword later in the game

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I probably could do it. It probably also sounds a lot harder than it is. Sounds like something that would be fun and interesting that I"m going to try right now.

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
When I started playing TP again, I forgot to get the Hylian sheild and burnt up my shield. Found out that I couldn't survive long without the shield! :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom