• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler No Mirror Shield in Skyward Sword?

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
Ok, so we know that Skyward Sword is going to have A TON of different shields, way more than any other Zelda game. This is cool, but I can only find on tiny problem... It seems that the Mirror Shield is not going to be in the game! (or at least is not confirmed). This is a problem because the Mirror Shield has always been my favorite shield! (My favorite one is the Majora's Mask one).

273072-mirrorshieldcollectionbykaas0p_large.jpg

(this picture is owned by a guy named Kaas. I do not own this picture I am only using it as a source for information)

So here is the question:

Do you think the Mirror Shield should be in Skyward Sword? Why or why not? Also, which Mirror Shield is your favorite?

No problem with that.

And no. It's not because it hasn't been spoiled that it means that it won't be in the game.

And no, a good new Zelda game should not be a compilation of all your favorite stuffs from previous games.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I would love for the Mirror Shield to be in Skyward Sword; here's for the OoT Crescent Moon design though that is likely to never occur again.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
No problem with that.

And no. It's not because it hasn't been spoiled that it means that it won't be in the game.

And no, a good new Zelda game should not be a compilation of all your favorite stuffs from previous games.

I didn't say that it wouldn't be good if it didn't have the Mirror shield, it's still going to be the best game ever. I just meant that it's kind of a combo breaker because the usual formula is: Regular shield-Hylian Shield-Mirror Shield. Also there is still a chance that it could be in the game as just a shield upgrade. We get more and more confirmations of shields every day. It's not likely, but it could still make an appearance. Also I'm smart enough to know that a good Zelda game is not a compilation of favorite stuff for a good game, the "tiny problem that I was talking about as just with the shields and not the game, that accusation had nothing to do with the post. ;)

No problem with that.

Actually I just realized that you were just giving your opinion about the questions I asked! Sorry! :)

What I mean is: The game elements must have harmony, one element must not hurt another, and you can't achieve it stuffing a lot of cool things in it mindlessly. Just like you'd love to have Mirror Shield, you'd love to have Tingle, the Spinner, Epona, Deku Tree, Gerudo, Zora... But how will they play along in the game and with each other? Just like you evolve the Godess Sword into MS, they wanted to put the origin of the most iconic shield in the series as well, and it must feel great to build it by your own hands, and would be as cool to change it for the Mirror right after.

More not always is more.

The mirror shield, imo, would hurt feeling of forging the most iconic shield in the series, the Hylian Shield.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
What if the mirror shield had the same basic design of the hylain shield, and u upgrade the hylain shield to obtain the mirror shield?
I'm almost cetain that's the case..
Maybe at the end of the game Link decides to polish his Hylian Shield so hard that it starts to reflect light?

Hm..I think that the Hylian Shield Link forges in this game must be the exact same used by Link in OoT. So if it turns into a Mirror Shield it could not be the same shield...

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
What I mean is: The game elements must have harmony, one element must not hurt another, and you can't achieve it stuffing a lot of cool things in it mindlessly. Just like you'd love to have Mirror Shield, you'd love to have Tingle, the Spinner, Epona, Deku Tree, Gerudo, Zora... But how will they play along in the game and with each other? Just like you evolve the Godess Sword into MS, they wanted to put the origin of the most iconic shield in the series as well, and it must feel great to build it by your own hands, and would be as cool to change it for the Mirror right after.

More not always is more.

The mirror shield, imo, would hurt feeling of forging the most iconic shield in the series, the Hylian Shield.

I could be a side thing. Example: In Ocarina of Time the Master Sword is supposed to be the most powerful weapon ever, according to the story. But you can also get the Biggoron's sword as a special side item which is more powerful than the Master Sword. So, in the story of Ocarina of Time the Biggoron's sword "isn't there" but in the game you can get it as an extra. This could work for Skyward Sword too. The Hylian shield is the shield that fits in with the story, but the mirror shield could be an special side item.

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
Oh well, I'll be too focused on getting my shield upgraded to the Hylian one to the point where I would be sad to give it up for another one once I got it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom