• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

No HD for Wii

GameInformer said:
You might’ve heard, particularly from industry analyst Michael Pachter, that an HD version of the Wii is in the works for a 2010 release. If you think this is true, Nintendo’s Reggie Fils-Amie couldn’t disagree more.

In an interview with Geoff Keighley on Gametrailers TV, Fils-Amie denied this rumor.

“Michael continues to be the only one who believes that this is gonna happen,” Fils-Amie said. “I don’t know how forcefully we can say that there is no Wii HD.”

So there you have it folks, no Wii HD—at least for now. What do you think? Would you like to see Wii titles in HD?
I think it is a little too late anyway. It would be nice to see their next console feature HD like the rest. But right now everyone already has their Wii, and I believe everyone is content. I wouldn't bother with something like this. But then again, Nintendo is known for "upgrading" things and making fans repurchased said upgraded item such as the phases the DS is going through and the MotionPlus which will be needed even for the next Wii Zelda. Thoughts?

Nintendo is being smart by not being HD like Xbox 360 and PS3. Besides, what is the point of HD? I have sensitive eyes, and when I saw a movie in HD that had a big explosion (apocalypse now I believe) it hurt. I don't want that when I play my video games.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Meh. I don't see the need for HD anyway. I actually much rather watching something non-HD, cause then it's not widescreen. Plus, I don't really notice much of a difference.

So, even if the Wii came out HD, I wouldn't go out and get it. Unless I didn't have a Wii already.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
You get 480p to work when you purchase the HDMI cables. Now, why would I go out and spend a whole bunch of money so that way I could have my games look better? I just bought a $50 graphics card (so that way I can play more games on the PC), why would I spend another $200 on a Wii with slightly better visuals? Like I said, Nintendo has a bad marketing strategy (make slight variations so that way people will buy them).

I can't say I'm surprised. Why would Nintendo even bother when the Wii is such a huge success? Now if the Wii had sucked like the Game Cube did, I could understand it, just in order to try to keep up with Microsoft and Sony. But that's not the case, and Nintendo doesn't need it at all. Besides, I actually like the visuals on Wii more. Visuals from Galaxy and Final Fantasy the Crystal Bearers are my favorite type. They look so pretty, and yet artistic at the same time because they're not super realistic. I would guess that Nintnedo will use HD graphics when their next console comes out, just to keep updated with recent tech, but I can't really say I'm looking forward to it.

Honestly, Nintendo's being smart. In all reality, what can Microsoft and Sony do in the future? Nothing that's actually new. Nintendo still has the HD option available. So they have another console they can do.

Tak

Game Over
This wouldnt really affect me anyways.
I see no difference between HD TV and Normal TV, Only that it is brighter.

I wouldnt rush out and buy any console if it was offered in HD anyway.
Sometimes the brightness hurts my eyes, and I need to turn my head slightly to even look at it.

Zarom

The King
I don't see the need to have an HD Wii. Nintendo is right to not care about it. And personnaly, I don't care at all if it's HD or no. Yes the image is cleaner, but that doesn't make the games better. :mellow:

I don't have a Wii yet, and if Nintendo were to release it with HD, it would be more expensive, and I think it would be a total waste of money.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Heh, again it doesn't affect me- I own no HD tvs lol.
But exactly, I think this is an option best kept for their next console instead :3

Well Myamoto said he is interested in something like a wii HD (no Ii dont have a sorse, its not something very recent)
He said something along the lines of "If i have an HD TV I would like to treat myself with it".
It would be stupid on nintendo's part to not look into this for there next console. They have the money to do it, and if they wait like a year or 2, the hardware to make a wii HD should be rather cheap

And to those in this thread who said they cant see the difference, maybe its cause your looking at the same channels and not an HD channel. There is no way in hell you can look at them and not notice the change.

Actually I would really like to see WiiHD/Wii 2.:mellow: With Wii 2 Zelda games could be made ten times bigger and while colossal screen filling enemies would be hulking all around you. Just watching God of War 3 and The Last Guardian (ICO 3, Trico, Shadow of Colossus seguel) trailers makes me drool all over my keyboard and to think Massive Hyrule Field with super gorgeous HD graphics.. :eek: But yeah, that's not how Nintendo handles things. They wan't to keep it simple and casual audience friendly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom