• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern No Great Fairies!?

T

TriforceFan

Great Fairies have always been in the series, from the original Legend of Zelda all the way to Twilight Princess. Except for Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess, they are very critical to the games, whether it's upgrades or gives you access to a dungeon. However, in Twilight Princess, they had become significantly less important, and if you visit them, they don't much, just releasing fairies to each of the Light Spirits' springs. And there are none in Skyward Sword! :(

Why!? Why would you do this to us, Nintendo!? Great Fairies are pretty much the most important characters in the series!

I think that in the future, Nintendo should make the Great Fairies more important than they were in later games! And as for the Fountains, they should be easy to find and have useful upgrades.

What do you guys think about this? Leave your thoughts in the comments! :)

Great fairies I think have been pretty cool. The game I grew up with, A Link to the Past, had them and it was interesting that you had to choose what to throw in the pond and some of them would be upgraded. I loved Skyward Sword, but A Link to the Past was above this one. I don't think that it was due to the fact of the lack of Great Fairies. It would have been nice, but it was not necessary in my opinion.

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
I believe the fairies are living creatures in Skyward Sword. The Thunder Dragon (Lanayru) becomes a Spirit Of Light (Great fairy) in Twilight Princess.

well one game without them can't kill anything...it's like people who were so bloody upset that FFXIII didn't have the normal victory theme!

They always scared me...Minus the mother and child island queen fairy from WW. I count them as no great loss

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
I believe the fairies are living creatures in Skyward Sword. The Thunder Dragon (Lanayru) becomes a Spirit Of Light (Great fairy) in Twilight Princess.

Yeah... I always wondered exactly how that transformation happend. I agree with Lexi Z. The great fairies have a habit of wearing minimal clothing and looking very creepy. :eek:

I too liked having Great Fairies around. It's like you could walk in, and they would do anything in their hearts to save you. Lots of fun finding them hiding all over the place.

Don't worry too much, I'm sure we'll see them come back in a later installment. :)

I agree the Great Fairies should have a more pivotal role. They seem like very mysterious creatures in Hylian lore.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
There also wasn't any in The Adventure of Link and I think Link's Awakening and the Oracle games lacked them too. The Original Legend of Zelda technically didn't have any either but the fairies in the ponds serve a similar role and could be considered Great Fairies. They're also not that critical to the games. Many are helpful but there are few that you have to visit to complete the game. I would, however, like to see them have a more significant role in the games (and be less scare looking) but I wouldn't mind if they didn't. If they do get a bigger role I would say they should play a part in the lives of the NPCs instead of just Link. They could be the wise women of Hyrule and people go to them for advice or help throughout the game.

AwesomeTingle

Pure Awesomeness
Zelda is slowly migrating away from magic, and coming into a more realistic world. When was the last time you saw the magic meter?
There will still be fairies and things, but they are slowly getting pushed out of the picture.

i agree. that was one thing i missed in skyward sword, and wished there was more of in twilight princess

as much as i thought they were creepy in OoT, i kinda miss them. they helped alot. i kinda miss the abundance of fairies and magic in a zelda game. they seem to lack that now.

I suppose they are introducing new species and characters. I do miss the fairies though. I hope they bring more fairy characters like Ciela or Navi and that the Great Fairies don't dissappear. I have my hopes they will include them in future installments though. But I hope they do it soon and don't do them te same as they have with the Magic Meter.

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
I guess they didn't see any significance in having great fairies. Although I would've loved to see what there next design would've been, it's not really a big deal to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom