• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

No Beast Ganon in TWW

TWW remains as the only Zelda game with Ganondorf in it that does not become beast Ganon.

Were you disappointed that the TWW did not feature beast Ganon or does it not matter to you?

For me at first, I didn't really give it much thought but now I am somewhat disappointed because I would really have liked to see what beast Ganon would have been like in "toon" form and what the battle would have been like also.

I thought that Puppet Ganon in The Wind Waker largely fulfilled the same role as Beast Ganon in Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. The battle was structured slightly differently but the same epic, giant scope was still prevalent. The same mechanic was present as in the final battle in Ocarina of Time with having to shoot the boss's tail to harm him. Also, I found the part where Puppet Ganon went underwater to attack very intriguing. I think that the folks over at Nintendo found a very interesting substitute for Beast Ganon in the first cell-shaded Zelda game and it worked very well.

I thought that the Ganondorf in Wind Waker had so much emotion and so many feelings it would be wrong to show him as a beast. Yes, he was an evil man, but the way he was portrayed in Wind Waker did not fit the description of a beast. I am sure he would have looked cool as a toon beast, but the puppet ganon really fulfilled the position of a beast Ganon, if you were extremely dissapointed that a beast Ganon wasn't featured.

Fig

The Altruist
I really did mind it much when I was playing it when it came out at its time, but I agree with you for the fact that I will like to see Beast Ganon in Wind Waker, just to see how it worked out. Then again, Puppet Ganon is similar to Beast Ganon, so I don't mind it that much.

Yeah i figured puppet gannon was what took over for beast ganon. He possibly wasnt able to transform himself due to the triforce recreating at that time(they all lost their marks i think).

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
While I don't fully understand the whole Puppet Ganon concept, I do still like it and it didn't bother me that much. However, now that you mention it, I would've liked to see beast Ganon

shaymin1

Derp.
I thought that Puppet Ganon in The Wind Waker largely fulfilled the same role as Beast Ganon in Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. The battle was structured slightly differently but the same epic, giant scope was still prevalent. The same mechanic was present as in the final battle in Ocarina of Time with having to shoot the boss's tail to harm him. Also, I found the part where Puppet Ganon went underwater to attack very intriguing. I think that the folks over at Nintendo found a very interesting substitute for Beast Ganon in the first cell-shaded Zelda game and it worked very well.

I thought the same thing.
Puppet Ganon was a good enough replacement for beast Ganon IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom