• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo's Zelda 64 graphics good or bad?

64 bit Zelda Graphics: good or bad?

• Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Guardian

The Chosen One
I was blown away the first time around seeing the graphics of Oot and Majoras mask. I couldn't believe what Nintendo did to make these graphics. I never thought they were bad at all. Still up to this day when I play them or look at videos of them they still make me happy inside and make my jaw drop.

L

Link367

I loved OoT and MM's graphics. They were awesome. They are still awesome in thier own way though. They're awesome past-time-date-to-date. They were awesome then but less exciting now. But when I first saw OoT's graphics I was amazed.

For the day, great, but now I prefer Twilight Princess style graphics or Wind Waker. They're a little bit easier on the eyes.

But it's not like I can't stand to look at Majora's Mask graphics or OoT.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I guess the Nintendo´s 64 Zelda graphics was good for it´s time and in some aspects still is excellent. The world may have looked a bit rectangular at times (in OoT especially) but the characters still looked awesome I think (even though Link also looked a bit rectangular if you want to be extremly critical) and the colors were great. I actually don´t think the graphics has been much more interesting in later games (such as TP and WW), but what has been really improved is the gameplay. I started a file for OoT after I just had played TP and the controls felt akward I must say.

D

Dylan

I don't think they were bad, by any means.
They are still impressive today, just to think when the game was made.

To me, graphics aren't the most important factor to a video game. You have to have a good plot, fun gameplay, and most of the time some sort of replay value to the game in order to make it a really good game.

The N64 had great graphics for its time, which have been outdone for a long time now. But the N64 was really one of the last Nintendo consoles that pretty much everyone could agree that was good. It had a vast library of games that were all fun to play, and didn't discriminate against 3rd party companies. Then the GC comes along, and, well, things pretty much went downhill. But the point is that as good as the graphics were for their time in the N64 days, the main thing was the gameplay. Now, all people want to see is good graphics, and games are starting to suck. I wonder why...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom