• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo's Zelda 64 graphics good or bad?

64 bit Zelda Graphics: good or bad?

• Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I've always liked the blocky look to old games because of how, non relistic they are. They gave a sense of fantasy to Zelda so as to keep it away from the boundaries of realism.

By todays standards ? They are crap. But, they were the height of graphical enginuity in their day...I vote good. they're still good.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I really loved the graphics but soon TP graphics will be :( and OoT's will be :) but I don't really care about the graphics as long as it's a good, exciting game

M

Metroid133

When the games came out and even today in my honest opinion I love it. Both OoT and MM have aged considerably well.

I

ilovezelda101

The graphics are very good,probably the best in 1998. and even until i got my game cube a few years ago,they were amazing,but they now do look old,but for the time they were great!

I thought it was awesome and at that time that was awesome, it still looks awesome, and will always be awesome to me so I say it was good ;p

S

skill kud

At the time those new graphics were amazing. They are still okay.

MajoraKing12

Perfect Harmony
When I saw my best friends grapics on his Nintendo 64 for Majora's Mask there were a bit fuzy, But they were pretty good. Or at least good for old game system.:)

V

ViviOrunitia

Even today I think they look good. Sure they're dated, but I like to look at art style over things like poly-count and how many individual blades of grass a machine can render.

And I beg to differ with whoever said sprites always look good. 2D ftw?

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
At the time, they were some of the best graphics I remember seeing, especially on the N64. OoT had a wonderful pallet of colours, some great textures, and despite looking a bit blocky, still did a great job with polygon constructed characters.

Now, looking back on those graphics, they don't hold up to the graphics of today, but neither does any older game as such. Regardless, they are still fairly impressive.

I don't replay OoT and think about how horrid the graphics are in terms of being dated. Whether that's in part due to the fact that the story and gameplay overshadow the graphics by pulling you into the world, I don't know, but they must be good if within 5 minutes, you're not thinking about how dated the game looks.

I don't know, but they must be good if within 5 minutes, you're not thinking about how dated the game looks.

I can relate to this. Whenever I start re=playing MM or OoT, the first thing that always pops into my mind is "Wow, those graphics look horrible". But like you said, after about 5 minutes (maybe even less) I've completely forgotten about them, and have started to enjoyed these classic games once again. Fun > Graphics any day, and I wish other systems *coughcoughPS3cough* would see that.

They were good during its time, they actually were really good back in then.

But sadly they are now kind of outdated compared to what we can find in games now. In that way, if you want my honest opinion I wouldn't vote good.

Out of that, the graphics worked very well with the game. They did their job and it that way I suppose they are good graphics. I agree with Amelie when she mentioned that after some years TP graphics won't look as cool as the newest game in turn, so this is expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom