• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo's Zelda 64 graphics good or bad?

64 bit Zelda Graphics: good or bad?

• Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EponaOwns

The Real Master of Epona
Let me say this. They are good, but if I was like 15 back then I would be like pwning graphics!

It is like in 10 years we will say the TP graphics are bad because a new Zelda Game will have graphics like halo.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
They were awesome, for when the games were realesed... nowadays, they pale in comparison to WW or TP's graphics.... but the games remain great

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
its funny when you say good or bad. it should be classic or modern i think. oot deff had that classic sort of thing going that captivated you because it was so awesome to look at and it just invites you in. but seriously, you know when you warp to lake hylia and you are next to that tree on that hill above the puddle where the entrance to the temple is? well i put on the iron boots and hopped down and stuck to the side of the hill. i was doing rolls and everything and COULD not get off the side of the hill. even when i took the boots off :p but yeah oot and mm graphics arent as up-to-date as tp but i deff understand why ppl picked them over tp. i totally understand

Claire

The Geekette
For the time that the console was created, the graphics were a step up and fantastic compared to the Super Nintendo. The graphics were not only better than the Super Nintendo, but the Nintendo 64 was more or less the ending of an era with cartridges, to me making it even more impressive to have such good graphics while still using cartridges.

T

Tappy

I think that 10 years later I still don't mind the graphics I actually like them even though they aren't the best. I remember getting my first Nintendo 64 and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and playing it forever and still playing till today.

Amelie

Air Dancer
They might have been really good when it first came out! I remember reading reviews for the game i have called Doom.... and people were saying the graphics were amazeing.. now.. not so much ^^

Zelda still is nice to look at.. I like the old looking graphics.. but it is true that they are very aged

doom42193.jpg

Looked great in 1993.. now.. not so much ^^

Doom was coded in an odd way, not many games coded the way they did.
Dont know exactly how to describe it but i have it all in my head.
Even for its time the n64, wasnt exactly the best. I love it beacuse its Nintendo and it has all of my beloved franchises on it....except for FF :(

but the other system did have it beat to so....

And I think we've gotten to the point where 3D graphics will age much better than they did with the Playstation or N64 era after their respective console generations have come and gone.
Maby 7th gen but 6th gen really feels its age (in my point of view) already, Much of what i see on the ps2 feels somewhat, choppy :/.
The smothness of the actions is veary importent in keeping a game's look for aging, wich is why stylized games age better.

my first impression of the 64 graphics were "Man, these graphics are bad."
the first 3d zelda game i played was TP
plus, i played Oot on the gamecube
but i learned that Oot was on the N64
so now i think their good

General Lee

Classic Gamer
I think they are good for its time. At the release of the n64 platform, was when mostly all of the games where 3D, So of course they where not perfect but at the time they where great graphics. Just like now the new gen. consoles have great graphics but in 20 years they will be considerd "bad".

LinkOwnsYou

LINK MAH BOI!!!
when I played it I actually didn't CARE about the graphics but when I finally played TP and then I played OoT again I tough "gosh I never noticed the graphics of zelda Oot were that bad beside TP" but remember was 1998, those graphics were the best at that time.

LucarioMaster

lucario shoen
They might have been really good when it first came out! I remember reading reviews for the game i have called Doom.... and people were saying the graphics were amazeing.. now.. not so much ^^

Zelda still is nice to look at.. I like the old looking graphics.. but it is true that they are very aged

doom42193.jpg

Looked great in 1993.. now.. not so much ^^

the graphics are pretty cool (if ur a few inches away) if u r like me i don't care they are AWESOME!!:) and i play doom as well ( i play zelda more than doom)

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
I think the Zelda 64 graphics were perfectly fine. I would have even been happy with the beta graphics. When it comes right down to it, graphics don't matter to me. I would have liked to see even more Zelda titles released on the 64.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom