• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo's Pretty Quiet... Why?

masterSword2

Smile!
i think having little info on the game is definitely a good idea. i tend to look at every single last detail of a game before i get it and it completely ruins any surprise i might get during the game. im trying not to do this for SS so Nintendo is just making this easier to do.having a repeat of the twilight princess release would be horrible. i am expecting SS to be one of the best Zelda games yet, so im keeping my fingers crossed that Nintendo keeps it this way for the good of the game.

Kirino

Tatakae
I like that they're not overhyping it,but they could at least give us a few screenshots every once in a while.I mean,it's been like 6 months since they released anything about SS.

to be honest id rather them keep it quiet.

it does lead to unrealistic expectations.
as others have said to much hype can indeed be bad.

in some ways im happy that they are saying nothing,or let anything be known about the games.
its actually very exciting.

i also think that Nintedo is doing a great job in keeping quiet about Skyward Sword. since its first presentation at e3 i literally can't get it out of my head, always wondering what could and should be in the game. the less information the better! it really does add to the raising of a tense excitement, which is getting bigger and bigger, now that we're so close on finally hearing something new. somehow i just can't imagine this game being actually bad or not zelda-worthy. I'm sure Myamoto-san and Sir Aonuma will take us in a brand new magical and epic world, where gameplay, grafics and story are tied perfectly together.

Well I understand why Nintendo is not releasing information. So people are not disappointed. Still, as a christmas present, I hope Nintendo release a small 1 minute trailer. It doesn't have to show off new items or new mechanics , just more Gameplay then the grainy videos from conferences in the middle of France

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Do you remember Twilight Princess? It was so unbelievably hyped, and it lead to the games downfall. Now, Twilight Princess is a great game, but the expectations for it were IMMENSE, it caused disappointment. A similar thing happened to Brawl. They learned from both, they don't want to ruin your expectations of the game.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
I feel the same way.
My guess is that they're building up to something really big, or they're wanting it to be more of a surprise. I mean, Miyamoto has been saying that it's going to be really big, so i guess we'll have to see...

With all the major Holiday games finally released, i expect we'll see more on Zelda after Christmas quiets down and Nintendo work out their release schedule to accomodate their fiscal year profits of 2010 and what they expect to release throughout 2011. Unfortunately, though, with the lack of information we're seeing, I'm expecting Skyward Sword may push itself to the fences of its "early 2011" promised release and possibly into a Spring/Summer 2011 release to balance the March release of the 3DS.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
For me, I see a "late-January" release, seeing how a multitude of new games got released in November, such as GoldenEye, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Epic Mickey, DKCR, and Golden Sun Dark Dawn. Seeing how only perhaps the known January releases (of what I know) is Kingdom Hearts Re:coded, and Mario Sports Mix. (and some that I missed probably) Looking at this, Skyward Sword could release in the middle or late January.

Also, just a question thrown out there, would you guys at least would want to see 1 or 2 new trailers, showing a just glint of the storyline? I would.

i feel that they don't want to overhype the game, but then again, Nintendo should at least acknowlige the fact that it exists. sometimes i wonder if they forgot about it!!!

i agree with you dude, they should give us something, even just a few screenshots of areas or even some npc's! but the fact that they are keeping quiet means one of 2 things.

1-It really is amazing, so this time the hype will please everyone when the game is released, unlike tp (although I was one of the very pleased people with tp XD)

2-They arent as far as we thought they were or they said they were, and were gonna get a later release!

I'm hoping for #1 and it seems like thats whats happening, as miyamoto has said its gonna be huge and they already delayed it once (but whats stopping them from delaying again haha). but, you never know!

M

Masteryendor64

the hype is why nintendo is waiting to release this game, because if i asked u what ur favorite game of all time, it would most likely be the one u knew least about before you got it, for example, i was like 7 when i got oot, and i knew next to nothing about it, and i, to this day, think its my favorite video game, and I also didn't know anything about twilight princess until '09, and i had no access to the internet at the time, and when i got it, i loved that almost as much as oot, so if they were to release anything on SS before at least 2 weeks or so before it comes out, then people will already know too much about the game to like it as much as they should

btw: if you search skyward sword on walmart.com, it says you can preorder now, and it should ship by 1/31/2011 . . . might not mean anything, im not sure

Hawk the Warior

Knight of The Twilight
I don't want too much, but I do want a little more content, or at least a release date. They need to push away the negetive reception. I personaly liike the graphics too, by the way.
Pleeeeease nintendo!

-Hawk :mastersword:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom