• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo's Pretty Quiet... Why?

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
Maybe because they are working on the game?

I think they don't want to interfere with the releases coming out through the end of this month...and they are saving up until they have a lot of new stuff to show us...

N

Nayru's Aide

They can afford one trailer.

Well, depsite the tactics to prevent over-hype, I would really like another trailer this month or next. Just estimating, it'll come out in March or April, Februrary at best. That means the 'hype train' will start rolling a few weeks after New Years'. But since it got announced this summer, that's about half a year with next to nothing on the game. One trailer or screenshot gallery won't raise our expectations to an insane level. Please, Nintendo? It could just give away a few plot points or a small concept, just enough to get us theorists with something to chew on before early next year.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I kind of enjoy it more this way. Yeah we may not know as much as we did about the other games before they came out, but that adds to the suprise. Plus I don't have a preformed opinion on the game already so i really have no idea whats in store. and I don't want to know, this kind of hype doesn't happen very often, like the calm before the storm. When SS is finally revealed (and by that i mean the trailer + release date and more info is revealed) I'm sure we'll hear an earful from Nintendo. hopefully they can keep the silence as long as possible. I'm almost sure once they get the ok to talk about the game in earnest they'll tell us a little too much. I'd rather get the game and start playing without knowing anymore than I know right now. But that's highly unlikely since I check up on the latest Zelda news so often. The point is we will hear something, and soon too! you just have to be patient and try and enjoy this reprieve while it lasts. I'm betting Nintendo will chime in about the game more often as time passes and soon we'll be hearing no end of things about the game after a few people have the chance to play it.

I sure hope they keep quiet. I'm a sucker for new info but on the inside I don't want to know anything! I played most of the Zelda games without knowing anything beforehand, and they were incredible with all the surprises that followed. I knew half of Twilight Princess before it came out and that ruined parts of the game for me.
I hope they give us a nice teaser trailer about a month before release with some new stuff but nothing big. Nothing past the second dungeon and keep a lot of secrets hidden. Just put in a few cool things that with make people wanna buy it, but not so much it ruins some of the game.

Like most have said, I believe it is to keep the fans from expecting too much, or even too less. Already, from what we saw at E3, I expect that this game will not revolutionize the series as many producers have claimed. It looked basically like the same Ocarina of Time formula that we have known since 1998, plus motion controls. But we still do not know what to make of the change in the "dungeon/worldmap/dungeon" formula we are so used to, and I like that. Already, just because the producers have said that, when we get the game we will be disappointed if the same formula is there. So I think its best that nothing is truly revealed until the game's release.

Ganondork

goo
What I want is like a commercial previewing it, a bit different from the trailer. Maybe showing a shadow of the final boss and Link handling the Skyward Sword, then I would be content.

because nintendo doesnt want to over hype as with TP

I dont want info about the story, I just want some screenshots of the actual state of the game or a spolier-less trailer

KratosFan

JUDGEMENT!
I think the main reason is so that when the game comes out, or draws closer at least, people will still have some awesome stuff to be surprised by.

I mean, think about Pokemon Black and White. Almost every day, new info was leaked, so by the time it came out, everything was known about it from the pokemon, to the story line, to the graphics, etc. On the other side, when halo 2 came out, they leaked NO info on you playing as the aliens. When the game came out, it was a huge surprise so it was really cool.

Basically, The less info the leak right now, the more awesome it will be when they do leak it, or if they don't leak any information, it will be more awesome when the game comes out

Alaskaace pretty much said it all, but it's getting pretty close to release i think, so i dont think its wrong to be a little worried :)

J

jack-o-lantern

Yeah, It's in Nintendo's best interests to not overhype skyward sword like they did Twilight Princess. I absolutely loved TP, but I can see why others were disappointed with its over hype. Skyward Sword however, hasn't been overly hyped so as not to raise the expectations to an unreachable level. Of course there will always be those people that don't like the game, but it shouldn't be disliked for the fact that someone hd too high of expectations. Even though I would love new info, the less I know, the better.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Yes yes, over-hyping is not good for a game and can hurt it's reputation when it comes out, to that everyone knows all about it even before it releases.
But still, i'd like to see a little something new, at least, a new trailer or something.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I'm personally not too concerned about over-hyping, but I think it's just that they're so busy putting the finishing touches on the game that they can't really focus on doing previews. Or, they can't actually show anything else without giving too much away about the game.

Another thing is they said they were going to do cinematic sequences last, where they usually do them first.
That means, they won't have any... theatrical trailer material until the end of development, perhaps a month before the games release.
Then that will get people excited and it will sell, but less than a month of hype is pretty good. It won't ruin it like the 2 years of hype of Twilight Princess.

It might be that nintendo doesn't want to overhype the game, or it might be a clever marketing strategy on nintendo's part, but I think the real reason is because nintendo doesn't have anything to say. They want to keep it quiet until they are sure they have the game down, before they start marketing and stuff. As far as I know, nintendo doesn't have any qualms about hyping video games to the extreme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom