• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo's plans post Zelda U

Zelda U will be here eventually... But once it has been and gone what are your thoughts about what Nintendo are going to do next with Zelda?

If we don't see Twilight Princess HD before Zelda U do you think we'll see it afterwards?
Will we see a new 3DS game or do you imagine the next game will be on the 'unified' console which will be the NX?

What do you think we'll see and what would you like to see?

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
Am I the only one that won't buy a game I already have just because it's now out in HD...?
Anyway, I would assume they'll start work on the next console Zelda game for whatever the new console is, then start work on two hand held games. After they bathe in the money Zelda Wii U makes for them, of course.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Okay I am personally not in favour of remakes of games that have only been out for like, not even ten years in SS' case. I have a great idea, instead of rehashing the same game in 10 different formats, how about something new? I would definitely like maybe a throwback to a Zelda which didn't hinge so much on fancy controls or whatever, but I don't want another remake or rerelease thank you.

Honestly, if there's one Zelda game I want remade, it's Four Swords Adventures. I think it would be a great fit for the Wii U with online play. I know Nintendo always says that they prefer couch multiplayer because unstable Internet connections can take away from the fun of an experience, but they can always keep the local multiplayer aspect, while easily adding an online component. It's a win-win scenario.

Other than that, I would prefer no more remakes this generation, and preferably, no more remakes next generation before a new Zelda game. I would really like to see the Zelda Wii U demo art style used. Teasing it and then not using it doesn't feel right.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I don't mind remakes, but I think we've seen enough. However, if we are going to get another remake in HD, I would hope it's Twilight Princess. That said, I think we've reached the point in the Wii U's life that it doesn't need HD remakes to fill in the library gaps. I think after Zelda U, they'll just work on the next Zelda for 5-6 years.

I have a great idea, instead of rehashing the same game in 10 different formats, how about something new?

I agree. I said this in another thread, but I think Nintendo should focus on working on either a new IP or a game for an IP that they haven't worked on in a long time.

...on the 'unified' console which will be the NX?

The NX won't be a hybrid console ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom