• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Definitly not I love nintendo's franchises and I like them a lot more then the over repetitive shooters that drown the market of the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Franchises such as mario, mario kart (I guess that counts as mario though), Super Smash Brothers, Metroid, pikmin, donkey kong, kid icarus,earthbound and star fox (though they havent had a good game for a while) have kept me satisfied with nintendo.

You're aware your on a forum for a Nintendo franchise, right?

There's Zelda, there's Mario (In my opinion, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a better game than Mass Effect 2 or Red Dead Redemption, I didn't play either, nor did I really care to) there's Metroid, there's Super Smash Bros, there's Kirby, there's Pokemon... there are plenty of things that will keep Nintendo alive in the gaming industry.

Nah, Nintendo's got a lot more than Zelda going for them. The reason I've stuck with them all this time is that they have more, and better (in my opinion, of course) exclusives than either Microsoft or Sony. I've never actually owned anything other than a Nintendo system: while there are lots of good games on the other consoles, I have somewhat limited funds to spend on video games, and I'd have a hard time having a system that doesn't have Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, and all of those other awesome franchises.

C

chicken storm

I personally love nintendo. I love all three of the console manufracturers, but I love nintendo the most (maybe that's because I haven't had the chance to get and Xbox or PS3). They always come up with new ways to make gaming fun. The reason the Kinect and the Move were made is because they wanted more sales since the Wii was rocking it. Thw Wii was the first motin-sensing console (besides the failure add-on the PS2 had) and even now, the Xbox and PS3 don't have a big library for their motion-sensing add-ons. Sure nintendo isn't great with third parties, but they are awesome at getting fans exciting with awesome games and awesome systems. The 3DS is the first system to replicate 3D without glasses. It's also the first handheld console to have motion-sensing technology.

Take a look at the reboots nintendo is giving. Star Fox is getting back in the game with a remake of the glorious classic for the N64. Kid Icarus is the second long-anticipated game that is necassary for Kid Icarus. NOA is trying their best to get Mother to America, but there is too many things that NOJ won't change that could get them in trouble in court. Even series that are fine are getting mor exciting. Kirby Wii looks awesome. Also, take a look at Pokemon Black and White. The Pokemon finally move during the whole battle, and the 3D camera makes the game look awesome and the graphics were greatly improved. The storyline is pretty dark for Pokemon, but it's awesome. This is the first time cutscenes were used when they wern't at the beginnig of the game or introducing a legendary Pokemon. These are some of the many reasons I love nintendo. And for all of you people who say nintendo makes too many "kiddie games",the 3ds hasn't even been out for a year and it has at least 4 M games and many more on the way.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
I am an absolute Nintendo Fanboy. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, Mother, Star Fox, etc. Are the games I love the most, despite me only playing Metroid and I do play Kid Icarus when my 3DS is downstairs or something. when I am bored. And not only that, they actually won E3 2011, Revolutionized gaming with Motion sensitive controls like the Wii remote, forcing Sony to copy and revolutionized the world with 3D without glasses

The first game console that I have played was the Nintendo 64 and I have bought all of the Nintendo consoles(except for Game and Watch, the original Gameboy and Color, and Virtual Boy). I do have other consoles like the PS,PS2,X-Box 360 and for some reason the Sega Game Gear, but I am a hardcore Nintendo fan I love all of Nintendo's game series(not really into Pokemon, but I don't really hate it).

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I am an absolute Nintendo Fanboy. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, Mother, Star Fox, etc. Are the games I love the most, despite me only playing Metroid and I do play Kid Icarus when my 3DS is downstairs or something. when I am bored. And not only that, they actually won E3 2011, Revolutionized gaming with Motion sensitive controls like the Wii remote, forcing Sony to copy and revolutionized the world with 3D without glasses

I'm sorry to get off topic, but won? I don't think so. No one "wins" E3. You're either interested in what all companies have to offer like a real gamer. Or you stay biased to one company like a...you know.... Sure, some companies might have more to offer then others but ultimately everyone is a winner. They give us products that interest/please us, we give them money. E3 isn't a sport, it's a conference.

Last edited:

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
When I was younger the N64 got me into gaming and that's what gave me so much faith in Nintendo. Back in the 90's I think Nintendo was the ruler of gaming with the N64. There were so many great games on that system: Zelda, Mario, Star Fox, Donkey Kong, Banjo Kazooie etc. I still play those games because they never get old and they were GREAT. Nowadays I guess Nintendo has changed a lot, I don't why but they have. I guess it's just because there aren't as many amazing huge platforming games like there used to be but thats just my opinion and thats what I personally miss the most about Nintendo.

Just because Nintendo changed though that doesn't mean it's a bad change. I personally think Nintendo still has it going for themselves. They still have great games on the Wii Like Zelda, Mario, Donkey Kong etc. Just think about how Nintendo always lets their fans revisit the past with the use of Virtual Console and backwards compatibility. Another thing I love about Nintendo right there. They understand that us fans like video games from the past so 100% of the time they always make their systems backwards compatible and now they have Virtual Console on the Wii and the 3DS. Also just think about all the great titles coming out on the 3DS soon: Star Fox in a few days, Luigis Mansion 2, Resident Evil Revelations, Mario 3D Land, Mario Racing, SSB4 and probably even a new Zelda Title in the future. Nintendo is always trying to be innovative and unique while at the same time they try so hard to please us fans.

It kind of ticks me off though when fanboys try to stick to one system and they hate on other systems. I like to play games from all systems because all systems have something different to offer. People who stick to one system are just missing out on the fun other systems offer. Xbox and Playstation are known for great graphics, good controls and shooters as well as sports games. Thats cool and If I want to play games like that I'll go play an Xbox or Playstation but I do prefer Nintendo still because they have games that are more my style especially Zelda. Thats why I'm still with Nintendo. Nintendo is classic, exiting, innovative, fun, memorable and they introduced me to gaming. Thats why I'm sticking with them.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I would still be with Nintendo even if there was no Zelda. I am one of those people who only own one franchises systems. It's not that I hate the other companies, but to me Nintendo is the best and I can't afford to buy every system and every good game that comes out for it. I have had other systems that weren't made by Nintendo (PSP, DreamCast), but there weren't enough games to keep me interested.

Also since I live with my parents and I have younger sibling, they don't allow M rated games in our house. I can play them, just not in our house in front of my sisters. If you think about it, most of the 360s best games are M, so there is no point in me buying one, it would only cause problems. Then there is the PS3, it has nothing spectacular or different about it that makes it stand out. It gets hardly any games that other systems don't get.

Also, as I collect older games, it makes it easier to collect when there is less to learn about and collect. As a collector you need to know what you should keep an eye out for and what prices are good. If you collect all kinds of games it is hard there is more to keep track of and you may miss a great find.

Maybe when I get back to the states I pick up a Genesis and a 360 :)

I not totally agree but to me the Zelda serie is the only one who's still epic today as it was with the N64 and snes games,let me explain.Loz WW,TP,PH,MC its as good as Oot,MM and Lttp was,but if you take Mario, Super Mario Galaxy(1 and 2) and super mario sunshine(I dont hate them,they were very good games) but is not as good as super mario 64 were,
I dont know,its like they have lost the magic or the epicness SM64 had,the same thing goes for donkey kong,(but for DK serie I think its normal since rareware left)
Donkey Kong jungle beats doesn't even match DK Country 1,2 and DK64(but I haven't played DKC returns) and the same thing goes again for the Mario party,to me the N64 Mario
Party are A LOT better than the Gamecube ones and I could name many more games.But maybe nintendo are not to blame,maybe its just that I'm too Nostalgic XD.But still,I'll always stick too Nintendo,no matter what :)

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I love Nintendo, however I feel they're treading some dangerous water right now. Change is coming for gaming with the iPhone and rise of the downloadable game. I believe (NO HATING!) that major consoles will be wiped out (like the dinosaurs!!! :D) in about 5-10 years. NO HATING, PLEASE! :D If Nintendo's smart, they'll go software only. It'll make all of gaming cheaper, faster, and minimally competitive.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I stick with Sony and Nintendo on the video game front. While I haven't owned a Wii or PS3, I've played with both and I love them. I owned a PS2 and GameCube, PS1 and N64. Those four systems brought so much awesomeness to the table, even if they are of conflicting companies. Besides, Sony sort of spun-off of Nintendo in the first place, so I consider them like older brother (Nintendo) younger brother (Sony) relationship. You know, always arguing but in reality they love each other to death. The games both companies shell out, recently at least, are starting to degrade in quality. 3rd parties just don't do what they did way back when. For example, LucasArts is starting to suck hardcore, where are the Star Wars Battlefront-quality games? Racing games aren't like what tey were, take Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec for example. That game, in my opinion, is the de facto king of racing games. Best simulation game out there, in my opinion. Recently though, people have just been shelling out crap that lacks game modes and pushes for best graphics.

Then, you have those huge blockbuster titles like Call of Duty, Zelda, Mario, Kaabi, Halo, etc which offer literally no change in anything besides the artificial graphical changes and maybe a slight change in story although the core gameplay is always the same. I've no problem with those, because A) they're [usually]first party games and thus do not degrade in game depth and :cool: those lack of changes in said games do not decrease the fun factor. Now that is contradictory to what I say on other forums and what I've said here, but what I honestly believe is that first party games just cannot be driven off into oblivion, and the multi-million 3rd party franchises can't fail either. Now, when you factor in the smaller 3rd party games (incidentally, Resident Evil and Madden, among others), those games are repeatedly degrading because the lack of change or, in RE's case, the changes made to game formula. When you have a base game (example, PacMan) where the gameplay is 'solo, defeat all of the enemies, adventure based' you ideally wouldn't want that to drastically change into something such as 'co-op, take all of the flags, shooter based' because you had so much fun with that former style. Now 3rd party companies are starting to try to offer "variety" which just turns to be disastrous in all respects. That needs to stop.

Anyway, Nintendo is my favorite company with Sony in the #1.1 spot, because both companies are great and offer really great things to the general consumer. Neither companies' hardware has had any severe problems that I can think of, except the PS3's Yellow Light of Death, though the frequency of that isn't nearly as high another company's fatal issue. So yeah, Nintendo is still doing great though my allegiance is still sorta with Sony as well.

Nintendo has been doing what they've done since the nes days. Make great mario, zelda and many other games. It's just some people still love it or some have moved on. Looking at sales it looks like the majority of us still love it :).

I love Nintendo, however I feel they're treading some dangerous water right now. Change is coming for gaming with the iPhone and rise of the downloadable game. I believe (NO HATING!) that major consoles will be wiped out (like the dinosaurs!!! :D) in about 5-10 years. NO HATING, PLEASE! :D If Nintendo's smart, they'll go software only. It'll make all of gaming cheaper, faster, and minimally competitive.
I don't see that happening they are 2 very different things. Ps vita and 3ds are dedicated to gaming while smart phones do other things. Ye smart phones got games to kill time but it's quality is no were near dedicated handhelds. Not only that 3ds and vita have online gaming. Which I don't think can be achieved on a smartphone. Also using a smart phone for the purpose of gaming actually costs more then sony's and nintendo's handhelds since new models come out like every 6 months and you have to upgrade if you want the newer stuff.

Last edited:
You're aware your on a forum for a Nintendo franchise, right?

There's Zelda, there's Mario (In my opinion, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a better game than Mass Effect 2 or Red Dead Redemption, I didn't play either, nor did I really care to) there's Metroid, there's Super Smash Bros, there's Kirby, there's Pokemon... there are plenty of things that will keep Nintendo alive in the gaming industry.

Saying that one specific game or genre isn't for you is fine but saying that you prefer one game over another without playing them is another thing. Maybe you should have just said that you enjoyed SMG2 and left it at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom