• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Vs. Capcom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so i'm a fan of Capcom's crossover fighting games and the upcoming Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 is no exception, but i want to bring this up, what if Capcom wanted to have a crossover with Nintendo? it would be awesome, here's how i think it woul turn out

in terms of fighting style i think they wuld do tthe same thing they're doing with Tekken X Street Fighter where they have two seperate versions of the game, the one that has the Tekken style of fighting and the other with the Street Fighter sstyle of fighting, so if they were to do this with Nintendo one game would have the triditional Capcom Vs style of fighting and the other would have Smash Bros style of fighting

here is what i think the roster would look like, knowing Capcom they would get characters that are in some ways similar to their own so i'm going to ssplit the list in rrivals

Mario and Megaman
Link and Ryu
Kirby and Arthur
Pikachu and Amaterasu
Samus and Chun-Li
Fox and (insert Resident Evil protagonust here)
Ganondorf and Akuma
Donkey Kong and Mike Haggar
Captain Falcon and Spencer (Nathan or Rad, does't matter)
Marth and Zero
Zelda and Morrigan

that's all the ideas i got for now, feel free to add more

Kaiser Kami

Warrior of Kaiser
A good roster list. may I add
Peach and Roll
Wario and Frank West
Luigi and Protoman
Pokemon Trainer (AKA Red) and Bass
But that's just me.

A good roster list. may I add
Peach and Roll
Wario and Frank West
Luigi and Protoman
Pokemon Trainer (AKA Red) and Bass
But that's just me.

hm, Pokemon Trainer and Dr. Wily actually sounds better, Pokemon Trainer can ue 3 pokemon and Wily can use 3 Robot masters

and i think Protoman is better off against Sheik, Luigi could go against Axl from Megaman X

Bass can go against Wolf

but you're roster choices are still good and i do understand

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
To be honest, I think it would be kind of awkward if they did a "Nintendo Vs. Capcom"=\. From the games I've played; Nintendo seems cartoonish and it mostly consists of cute characters from franchises like Zelda, Mario, and Pokemon. While Capcom consists of hardcore characters like Jill, Dante, Chun-Li, and Megaman. Sure it would be funny to have Dante zapped by Pikachu, but it wouldn't be so epic for me in my opinion.

If there were a NvC though in the near future this would be my list:
Team Nintendo
-Link (Fierce Deity form, please:angel:)
-Sheik
-Nabooru
-Pikachu/Raichu
-Sonic/Tails
-Kirby
...can't think of anyone else right now.

Team Capcom
-Jill Valentine (BSAA)
-Dante
-Trish
-Chun-Li
-Mega Man

I just thought of something...They should do Final Fantasy vs Nintendo.. Oh, the possibilities!:xd:

To be honest, I think it would be kind of awkward if they did a "Nintendo Vs. Capcom"=\. From the games I've played; Nintendo seems cartoonish and it mostly consists of cute characters from franchises like Zelda, Mario, and Pokemon. While Capcom consists of hardcore characters like Jill, Dante, Chun-Li, and Megaman. Sure it would be funny to have Dante zapped by Pikachu, but it wouldn't be so epic for me in my opinion.

Team Nintendo
-Sheik
-Nabooru
-Pikachu/Raichu
-Sonic/Tails
-Kirby

Team Capcom
-Jill Valentine (BSAA)
-Dante
-Trish
-Chun-Li
-Mega Man

I just thought of something...They should do Final Fantasy vs Nintendo.. Oh, the possibilities!:xd:

or why not a Sega Vs. Nintendo?....in a way that's not a sports game and more of a smash bros. game

and yea i can understandwhere you're getting at with you're opinion, but i just had it in mind because when it comes dwn to it Capcom has their share of cutsie characters of there own i mean there's Roll, the Servebots, a bunch of Darksalker caracters, and evn Viewtiful Joe can fit the cartoonish catagory

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam

Team Nintendo
-Sheik
-Nabooru
-Pikachu/Raichu
-Sonic/Tails
-Kirby

Team Capcom
-Jill Valentine (BSAA)
-Dante
-Trish
-Chun-Li
-Mega Man

It wouldn't be that awkward because Capcom looks cartoony compared to Marvel and it worked. And also, Sonic and Tails are Sega.:P

As for a Nintendo vs Capcom (I see someone has been looking at IGN), I would like to see this. They both have lot's of great characters and it seems very interesting. It would be awesome to see Wesker and Ganondorf going at it. Only problem would be, in what style. Smash Bros or vs Capcom? Well I can see it being Capcom's style because the Smash series is used to put Nintendo together.

Nintendo
Mario
Yoshi
Pikachu
Hitmontop
Marth, Prince of Altea
Samus Aran
Ness/Ninten
Saki Amamiya
Link
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Mewtwo
Pit (with the original hairstyle)
Ganondorf Dragmire
Bowser, King of the Koopas
Giegue
Vaati
Captain Jay Falcon
Fox McCloud
Roy, Prince of Lycia
Capcom
Megaman
Dr. Wily
Gutsman
Cutman
Sir Arthur
Amaterasu
Morrigan
Zero
Ryu
Blanca
Mayor Michael Haggar
Captain Commando
Ladd Spencer
Phoenix Wright
Franziska Von Karma
Strider
Viewtiful Joe
Frank West
Dante
Edward Falcon

It wouldn't be that awkward because Capcom looks cartoony compared to Marvel and it worked. And also, Sonic and Tails are Sega.:P

As for a Nintendo vs Capcom (I see someone has been looking at IGN), I would like to see this. They both have lot's of great characters and it seems very interesting. It would be awesome to see Wesker and Ganondorf going at it. Only problem would be, in what style. Smash Bros or vs Capcom? Well I can see it being Capcom's style because the Smash series is used to put Nintendo together.

not to mention the history Capcom has with Nintendo, most of their arcade games were ported to the NES (Bionic Commando, Ghosts n Ghouls, Legendary Wings, ect.) and of course their Megaman games on the NES were a huge success as well as the Megaman X and Street Fighter games on the Super Nintendo

oh and by the way i actually didn't know that IGN braught that up, i'm actually a Gamespot person so the only things i see from IGN are their reviews

and it's like i ssaid in my first post on this thread Capcom could end up releasing two different versions of the game, one with Smash Bros style fighting and the other with Street Fighter style fighting just like what they're gonna do with Tekken X Street Fighter

Stallord

Twilit Fossil
Hitmontop is this Pokemon:

images

And Giegue is supposedly a mistranslation of Giygas from Earthbound. AKA This guy.

images

OT: I've seen this on other forums as well. I think that if this DID ever happen, it would be easier to make Capcom characters more kid-friendly than Nintendo characters more hardcore. (Besides, they put Solid Snake in Brawl) I'd say put major Capcom characters in the next Smash Bros installment instead. (Don't give me any "brawl to end it all")

Who'd I want? Megaman, Dr. Wily, Zero, Sigma, Amaterasu, Ryu, and Viewtiful Joe.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei

Yes I also followed this on IGN. That IGN actually had to apoligize for letting the subject go a little out of hand.

I also agree with you that it would not be awkward at all. If Capcom can pull out a crossover with Tatsunoko, then i don 't see a reason why nintendo would be awkward. I mean, very old super-hero anime character with a big golden giant that is actually a zippo.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
It wouldn't be that awkward because Capcom looks cartoony compared to Marvel and it worked.

True, I guess. But, when it comes to Marvel vs Capcom 3 for instance; there are SOME characters from both sides which are somewhat alike. I'm not saying all of them obviously, but I sort of like matches that I could actually see in the future. An example would be Dante vs Deadpool. Maybe its just me, but I can't see a match between characters like these

KanoleonsAngelsProfilepicEFL.jpg fighting against someone like this pikachu.jpg

:kawaii:Nope, I couldn't do it...

Sonic and Tails are Sega.:P
Ha, I knew something was wrong when I read my post. :lol:

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
I think my match ups would be like this:

-Mario and Megaman (agreed)
-Link and Zero (both are close combatants, Link with a sword and Zero with a saber)
-Samus and Megaman X (why does everyone forget this guy? both have super advanced armors and weapons)
-Captain Falcon and Viewtiful Joe (both of them are cool and have similar styles)
-Zelda and Morrigan (they both have supernatural powers...)

How about Little Mac from Punch-Out!! ? He was the first Nintendo fighter...
And would you prefer Smash Bros style or Capcom Crossover fighting style? For me it would be Capcom style :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom