• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Nintendo Talks Zelda - Skyward Sword Details, Series' Future, Wii U Demo, Etc.

Good point Cuju. For me it was quite predictable that some parts of Hyrule would be floating in the Sky Realm, to at the end of the game having them to lay down on Hyrule again. But I was not sure it was going to be significant areas or big chucks of land from Hyrule in the Sky.

But I still believe in the possibility of having Link visiting other regions. Since the Skyloft is say 40 square miles large covering a hyrule that is 15 square miles is just weird. It would be like a lot of portals concentrated in one part of the Sky world ( that is directly above Hyrule) and lots of parts empty (with isles and such but no portals) - ooor Hyrule is all fragmented this time.
Where did you get the measurements for this?

Where did you get the measurements for this?

I invented them just for the example. But you have to agree with that to achieve 1:1 mapping between the Sky and Hyrule, the Sky must be relatively quite small(since the bird flight is much faster and without all the troubles of going on foot) or the land bellow must be HUGE, and that makes no sense either considering the over world style of this game.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I invented them just for the example. But you have to agree with that to achieve 1:1 mapping between the Sky and Hyrule, the Sky must be relatively quite small(since the bird flight is much faster and without all the troubles of going on foot) or the land bellow must be HUGE, and that makes no sense either considering the over world style of this game.

I think that there is a good chance that the world below will be as big as, say, Twilight Princess' world. Just it would be full of content and exploration aspects...

I think that there is a good chance that the world below will be as big as, say, Twilight Princess' world. Just it would be full of content and exploration aspects...

A world below as big as TP but filled with more complex dungeon-like areas (remembering that we will have to backtrack in some of these areas in the Siren World) + a Sky world of the same size? I think that the land would be way to big, and the Sky a little too small (considering how fast the Loftbird flies). And the overall game just to big. Although, it all depends on how they will lay down the Hyrule map.

Well maybe it is because i'm convinced (and stubborn) that we won't have a Epona-like for the land bellow, implying that we won't have huge open areas as well.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Bill said that it will be a very vast overworld and people will be surprised at just how vast it is in comparison to other games. So yes I do believe that the world below wil be as big as Twilight princess' world and it will be full of content. If this game turns out to be like that It will be absolutely fantastic.

Well I believe that it will be vast.........adding the Sky Realm with the Hyrule. But I don't think that we will have twice the size of TP as some are suggesting. The complained that they haven't leveraged TP scale, now they to a world of the same size (just for Hyrule) but much more complicated to get through? How long this game will take to beat 90 hours?

S

Skyward Sword

wow all this new info is coming out faster and faster, can't the holiday get here any faster? lol :cry:

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
Bill said that it will be a very vast overworld and people will be surprised at just how vast it is in comparison to other games. So yes I do believe that the world below wil be as big as Twilight princess' world and it will be full of content. If this game turns out to be like that It will be absolutely fantastic.

I 100% agree with you, from all the things we know I feel Skyward Sword will be the biggest and amazing Zelda ever.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Wow, I thought that with all the TROLLS on YOUTUBE I thought I would be the only one who would LIKE it.
.... :P I'm glad Gorons are back.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
*Sniff* All this awsome news won't make the Holidays come any quicker :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom