• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Nintendo Talks Zelda - Skyward Sword Details, Series' Future, Wii U Demo, Etc.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=157631&sid=75a99952626681d857de5b5af2009f65

- Majora's Mask was done in Japan before localization in the states started
- Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess both used simultaneous localization
- there were some finer details in the story that were changed in these projects
- Skyward Sword ties into Ocarina of Time
- Nintendo fears that if they put out an official timeline, they'll be limited with future Zelda ideas
- There is a a master document for the Zelda timeline, but it's kept under wraps
- it contains overall plans for the series
- Skyward Sword will be 'tremendously expansive'
- Nintendo says there's nothing else like it as far as motion control goes
- Looking at holiday release this year
- More details on Golden Wiimomte and other info later on
- More events and activities surrounding Zelda to come
- Skyward Sword blends overworld and dungeon elements
- more puzzle and exploration than before
- Bill Trinen hasn't finished the game yet, but he believes it to be one of his favorite Zelda games ever
- the Wii U tech demo doesn't necessarily show where Nintendo will go with Zelda on Wii U
- Skyward Sword starts off in Skyloft
- The game kicks off with a series of events that sets Link on an adventure below the clouds to save Zelda
- the game involves lots of mystery elements, including why you can't quite catch up to Zelda when trying to rescue her
- Link's female companion isn't the sword exactly, but a spirit in the sword
- she guides Link on his adventure
- Ghirahim is following Link at one point, but Link isn't aware of it
- The E3 battle with Ghirahim is the first time Link comes in contact with him
- You don't know why he is going after Zelda
- there are a lot of new character races in Skyward Sword, more than what we've seen at E3
- you will visit familiar places in Skyward Sword, but they may or may not be part of Hyrule

Very good news:).

Good news indeed. I wonder what "you will visit familiar places in Skyward Sword, but they may or may not be part of Hyrule" means exactly. I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

...Or stay up all night pondering, trying to figure out what it all means; thanks Nintendo! :cry:

IHNo

The Other Side
"Ghirahim is following Link at one point, but Link isn't aware of it."

So he's a stalker now? This guy just can't get any creepier! He can't!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
"- Bill Trinen hasn't finished the game yet, but he believes it to be one of his favorite Zelda games ever"
So the game is complete? :D

"you will visit familiar places in Skyward Sword, but they may or may not be part of Hyrule"
I don't quite understand the meaning of this, do parts of Skyloft get 'chained down' to Hyrule or something? Can't wait to play the game and see for myself!

"you will visit familiar places in Skyward Sword, but they may or may not be part of Hyrule"

I don't think this will happen, and I'm not even sure why I'm suggesting this...but...Termina?

I don't think this will happen, and I'm not even sure why I'm suggesting this...but...Termina?

It's a possibility. Since we'll be flying huge distance in the sky world, it makes sense to drop in other parts of the world of Zelda. In other words, it's not possible to make a 1 to 1 mapping between sky world and a unified Hyrule, so probably many parts of the sky are above the sea or reach another parts of the world of Zelda. Or maybe he is suggesting that some parts of Hyrule of previous games are floating in the sky. But I think that both possibilities are quite reasonable.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
"You will visit familiar places in Skyward Sword, but they may or may not be part of Hyrule", does this mean that several parts of Hyrule are in the Sky... Arrrhgggggghgh!!!

vcdomith

Mad Artist
"you will visit familiar places in Skyward Sword, but they may or may not be part of Hyrule" maybe
a conection between SkyLoft and Termina, due the NPC interaction like we found in Termina?

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Ohhhhhhh, I just understood the "you will visit familiar places in Skyward Sword, but they may or may not be part of Hyrule". If you watch the interview with Bill Trinen, you will notice that the way he said it, it was as if he was telling us, "You may visit Lake Hylia, but it won't be in a place called Hyrule." I think I know why Nintendo hasn't reffered to the land below as Hyrule, because in the game itself, the land below the clouds hasn't been called Hyrule yet by the people that will found it.

Tell me what you think about this please :D

Good point Cuju. For me it was quite predictable that some parts of Hyrule would be floating in the Sky Realm, to at the end of the game having them to lay down on Hyrule again. But I was not sure it was going to be significant areas or big chucks of land from Hyrule in the Sky.

But I still believe in the possibility of having Link visiting other regions. Since the Skyloft is say 40 square miles large covering a hyrule that is 15 square miles is just weird. It would be like a lot of portals concentrated in one part of the Sky world ( that is directly above Hyrule) and lots of parts empty (with isles and such but no portals) - ooor Hyrule is all fragmented this time.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Well, duh. :P

No, Cuju, I'm kidding :yes: , but I've always thought everyone was just calling the world below "Hyrule", because it was convenient. I thought it was a well-known fact that the world below is not called Hyrule yet, as it is not even established yet in SS. I guess it was wrong to assume everyone would know...

Also, I once proposed an idea that some areas of the world below is full of craters, you know? Like, since Skyloft (and probably other little islands) rose and split from it leaving huge craters behind. My old theory proposes that Skyloft may have resided here before it separated and rose to the heavens. View attachment 15106

Well Duh! I know that Hyrule isn't established yet, it just explained what Bill said...

Well Duh! I know that Hyrule isn't established yet, it just explained what Bill said...
Oh. Well duh! (to myself :lol:) Now, that I review what I read, you did kind of make that clear; you were just summing up what Bill said in a way that was more comprehensible. My bad. :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom