• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Switch: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (that we know)

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Yup, pretty much nailed all the problems I had and the good things as well. Won't say much but add a few thoughts of my own:

The paid online thing immediately frustrated me. Nintendo has a reputation at this point for having very ****ty online capabilities. You play Smash 4 or Triforce Heroes and in some cases Splatoon and tell me how well it goes. Some games work well (Mario Kart 8, for example), and others are near unplayable, from my experience. Having that for free was fine. But unless they step up their game and improve that online service, its not worth paying for. I'm waiting for the price point for it as well. Anything above $15 per month would be an absolute ripoff, even if they did manage to stabilize it.

Not to mention the whole "You get a free NES/SNES/N64 game with your subscription...but only for a month after that it goes away lol". Like...really?? Playstation and XBox give away games all the time for their consoles with their subscriptions, and Nintendo can't even do that right? Kinda sad, honestly.

Beyond that, the only other thing that got under my skin was the Pro Controller price. I can understand the $80 price tag for the JoyCons. The average controller is around $40, and for the JoyCons, you're essentially buying 2 controllers, in a sense. So I give it a pass. But the Pro Controller being $70 goddamn dollars?! Are you ****ing ****ting me?! How can you justify that price? You ****ing can't. There is no reason the controller should be that expensive. Absolutely ridiculous.

And of course, the pathetic game lineup at launch and within the year. Literally the only games I am interested in is Mario Odyssey (cuz you'd have to be ****ing braindead not to be hyped for that game if you love Mario), and Breath of the Wild. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a port with a shinier coat of paint and a few extra tracks, Splatoon 2 is...I dunno, if online is gonna cost now, Splatoon 2 will be completely useless on its own. Everything else is either a game that's been out already (Skyrim, Minecraft, NBA ****jam 420blazed, FIFAFOFUM, etc), or just looks plain ****ty (1, 2 Switch and Arms, for example).

So the presentation sucked out all of the interest I had for the console. GG Nintendo. At least you released Breath of the Wild at the correct time! Will love playing it for the console that I bought specifically to play it on in the first place! Whoo! I'm not salty what're you talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom