• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Nintendo Switch Release Bundle Rumors - What would you want to see?

Hey folks, new to the forum. Huge Zelda fan (obviously!). Just saw this article:
https://mynintendonews.com/2016/10/...nch-with-at-least-four-games-including-mario/

Curious to know if anyone has any thoughts/speculation on a tie-in bundle. My thought is that Nintendo really needs to hit it out of the park with a new console so no surprises if it's going to have a Breath of the Wild bundle. I'd gladly pay more for one that includes the Amiibos, but I imagine it would only be one (maybe two). But we can hope!
Curious to hear what people think.

I'm quite disappointed that Nintendo still hasn't made an official announcement. I'm also a bit leery about getting the NX at launch after getting burned doing the same thing for the Wii U...On the other hand, I very much want to play the definitive version of Breath of the Wild, on the NX. If there's an affordably-priced bundle of the NX with Breath of the Wild and the NX isn't too weird of a console, I'll probably be getting that.

I wonder why Nintendo's being so damn secretive about this, especially so close to launch.

I would absolutely buy a LoZ themes NX bundle. Hands down. As for ideas, I have none. Just general excitement about the eventual unveiling.

I hope that it comes with an amiibo,soundtrack, special case and a side game or virtual console code like starfox zero

I hope that it comes with an amiibo,soundtrack, special case and a side game or virtual console code like starfox zero
I think that's a highly likely scenario, I'd love that.

I'm quite disappointed that Nintendo still hasn't made an official announcement. I'm also a bit leery about getting the NX at launch after getting burned doing the same thing for the Wii U...On the other hand, I very much want to play the definitive version of Breath of the Wild, on the NX. If there's an affordably-priced bundle of the NX with Breath of the Wild and the NX isn't too weird of a console, I'll probably be getting that.

I wonder why Nintendo's being so damn secretive about this, especially so close to launch.
I'm not sure why either, other than I think they are waiting for a very slow news cycle to be able to dominate the tech conversation. But I agree with you; my decision on whether I purchase this console immediately leans a lot on the Zelda tie in.. I think that will be the case for many.

EDIT: Double Posts Merged

Last edited by a moderator:
I havent owned a console since the original Wii, but this is affordable. A nice bundle with extra storage and the zelda game would be nice.

There'll totally be a Zelda themed NX for BotW as well as bundles.

I reckon we'll have an NX bundle with some Zelda themed design on it. With BotW probably pre installed on it.

With that, i think if you buy from Nintendo store i think you'll be able to select an amiibo to go with it.

Though im gonna wait to get an NX until Zelda NX comes out (as in the one after BotW)

I think they will do a Zelda themed bundle for NX, the one for the Wii U was very smart.

The launch line up is VERY important, they cannot mess this up if they are to gain the interest of most gamer's.

We know Breath of the Wild will be there but I feel the launch line up needs something like a Mario/ Pikmin/ Animal Crossing title on day one to create a great starter pack.

Personally I would also like to see some ltd edition amiibo's for early adopters of the system, it wont appeal to the masses but the hardcore fans of Nintendo like myself would really appreciate things like this.

There'll totally be a Zelda themed NX for BotW as well as bundles.

I reckon we'll have an NX bundle with some Zelda themed design on it. With BotW probably pre installed on it.

With that, i think if you buy from Nintendo store i think you'll be able to select an amiibo to go with it.

Though im gonna wait to get an NX until Zelda NX comes out (as in the one after BotW)
I would very much like to see a Zelda themed one. Sounds like the plan is for Zelda to be the launch title so I imagine it will be at the same time.

WindFishTacos

"Look at those sideburns...that's true grit!"
NX with a physical copy of BotW and at least one of the new amiibos would be awesome!

I agree, the NX bundle should come with one of the new amiibos and a hard copy of the game. Also, I hope the console itself is Zelda themed like the WW HD version of Wii U with the Hylian crest on it!

I agree, the NX bundle should come with one of the new amiibos and a hard copy of the game. Also, I hope the console itself is Zelda themed like the WW HD version of Wii U with the Hylian crest on it!

Oh a Zelda theme? Hell yes, shut up and take my money!

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
With the price point set as the rumors suggest, I think we're likely to see something a bit better than just a Zelda game and an Amiibo thrown in. Assuming games for this thing cost about 60, which is currently standard, plus an Amiibo, maybe 15, we're still 25 bucks down if we purchase them separately. If it's Zelda and Amiibo, I want to see all three of those BotW ones before I drop an extra hundred. I think it is more likely to be like the Wii U, with two versions of the console at launch, one with a larger hard drive, or with the handheld hybrid idea, perhaps that one would be larger and more well suited to TV play. I think it will come with a game too, if that's the road they go, like Nintendo Land came with the Wii U. It might be Zelda, or maybe a new game like Nintendo Land or Wii Sports that kind of shows off the console's features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom