• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Switch Paid Online

Night Owl

~Momentai
I just hope that the servers are better now that we have to pay to get on them. I remember doing minimal online gaming with nintendo games because I'd always get some form of communication error. It didn't seem to matter too much where I was connecting from, things tended to give errors in most games.

I also hope that they keep local multiplayer available for free. It frustrated me that there either was no local multiplayer in halo 5 or that if there was you still needed xbl to use it.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I had minimal problems on the Wii U with Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon. Both those games were fairly stable for me. Smash was better than Brawl in terms of connection stability, but still not good enough for me to play online.

The hope is that now that we have to pay, the servers will be more stable and the gameplay will be more enjoyable. I don't mind paying $30 for that.

I see a positive and negative in paying for online. On the plus side Nintendo will fix their online services, observe, listen, and evolve their network which could result in serpassing the Xbox and Sony online networks. Another plus is it will narrow down players who aren't in it for the game, what I mean by that is they charge you money, less retards are likely to be seen. Also tournaments are in the works "Splatoon" maybe that system will catch on.
The downside is simple, they charge you for using there netwirk. God knows that everything cost money now days. It's got to the point if you own a prepaid cell phone you get charged $30 just to use wifi.

I
I had minimal problems on the Wii U with Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon. Both those games were fairly stable for me. Smash was better than Brawl in terms of connection stability, but still not good enough for me to play online.

The hope is that now that we have to pay, the servers will be more stable and the gameplay will be more enjoyable. I don't mind paying $30 for that.
Could not play a single game online without it feeling like torture. A 2 minute match could take over 10 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
it's not even a matter of servers but what wifi/ethernet chipsets they use. a 10/100 is bull****, even the xbox one and ps4 have 10/100/1000. ****kkkNIntendo needs to gegt with the times. if the switch doesn't deliver i will take a **** on them.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
does the paid online only apply to playing multiplayer games online or do you also need to pay to connect to the internet in order to download games from the eshop
I'm not sure, but I think it's to use their online servers, which means for everything

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
does the paid online only apply to playing multiplayer games online or do you also need to pay to connect to the internet in order to download games from the eshop
more n likely it's just pay to play online. If you have to pay to download games...that'd be ****ing ******** (but not unlikely for Nintendo to do tbh).

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
You will be able to download games from the Internet without having to pay for the online subscription.

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
My only worry with this new online system is that you only get to play the free games that come with it for the month, and then they're gone.

Details and pricing for North America: http://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

w8cJv.jpg

Online Play on Nintendo Switch
You’ll be able to play compatible co-op and competitive games online by signing in with your Nintendo Account. Online play will be free for Nintendo Account holders until our paid online service launches in 2018.

After the free-trial period, most games will require a paid online service subscription from Nintendo in order to play online.

This service is only for Nintendo Switch. It does not affect online play or features for the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family of systems.

Online lobby and voice chat
Our new dedicated smart device app will connect to Nintendo Switch and let you invite friends to play online, set play appointments, and chat with friends during online matches in compatible games─all from your smart device.

A free, limited version of this app will be available for download in summer 2017.

Classic Game Selection*
Subscribers will get to download a compilation of classic titles with added online play, such as Super Mario Bros. 3, Balloon Fight and Dr. Mario.

Mido

Version 1
Now that's a deal if I ever saw one. $20.00 for a yearly subscription pans out extremely well in comparison to the competition, which bodes well. I do find it somewhat interesting that voice chat is being handled through an app. Seems sort of inconvenient, and it's something that could likely be handled through other means. Nevertheless, the pricing looks great as far as yearly subscriptions are concerned.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I am down for paying $20 for online Dr. Mario.....
Hell. That's the price of Dr. Luigi..... And that had online pay.

So... It seems like a pretty good price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom