• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) Announced

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I never buy newer models of the same console I already own, unless it breaks. The only time I've done so was with the New 3DS, since some of the later games on the system couldn't really be handled by the original one (Smash Bros. for 3DS crashed on me when I tried playing it on my normal old 3DS.)
This OLED Switch will not be an exception. I mostly play it docked anyway

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
After thinking about it again, I’m willing to bet the reason we didn’t get any significant upgrades was because of the chip shortage. I’m almost willing to bet a 1080p upgrade was planned or intended at some point but cut because of part availability.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
IMG_3636_800x.jpg

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
After thinking about it again, I’m willing to bet the reason we didn’t get any significant upgrades was because of the chip shortage. I’m almost willing to bet a 1080p upgrade was planned or intended at some point but cut because of part availability.
It's possible they might do one last revision later in the console's lifecycle, basically taking this OLED Switch and putting a better Nvidia chip inside, like the DLSS chip it was supposedly going to have according the the Bloomberg report a few months ago.

I wouldn't count on it though.

I changed my first Switch for a more recent one as I had played it so much it was looking tired also the controllers weren’t that good anymore.
I won’t be going for this new Switch I haven’t seen a price yet but I’m happy with what I’ve got, the battery life is far better than the old one and I don’t think the new one can justify itself for me.

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
I don’t know if I am going to get this model to be honest. I may have gone for it if there was more storage since the switch I have had such a small amount to begin with. The model looks really nice though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom