• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Switch News and Discussion Thread

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
When the Nintendo Switch first came out, I was very unimpressed by the system. I think it was because I was expecting this console back in the Wii U days, but instead we got the Wii U which is nothing more than a glorified console version of the DS/3DS. After it's first few years, the Nintendo Switch has really grown as it has widely expanded it's library of games and Nintendo is constantly improving the system, such as adding Bluetooth in a recent system update. I remember venting on ZD when it first came out about how much I didn't like the system. So today, I want to publicly admit, right here right now:

I was wrong about the Nintendo Switch.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Ok honestly I don't see the need for folders with how the Switch GUI is set up tho. On the Wii and Wii U it makes sense with everything being in the grid, but on the Switch the game you have in the slot jumps to the front, and all the system extras like NSO and the gallery are a neat little row at the bottom.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Ok honestly I don't see the need for folders with how the Switch GUI is set up tho. On the Wii and Wii U it makes sense with everything being in the grid, but on the Switch the game you have in the slot jumps to the front, and all the system extras like NSO and the gallery are a neat little row at the bottom.
I have like 40 games on my switch digitally downloaded

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend

I think it just comes down the convenience of it. If you do most of your gaming on Switch and own a ton of digital games for it, it's nice to be able to sort those into categories you can quickly access. Scrolling three spaces to your RPG folder beats scrolling forty spaces to specifically find Divinity: Original Sin 2.

The Switch is cool and all but personally sometimes I miss having another screen like the DS/3ds/WiiU

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom