• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Switch News and Discussion Thread

Great news! BotW in 3D.. take my money. But only way to use vr kit is handheld mode? Neck and shoulder pain guaranteed:
FVzYNRm.jpg

There should be a way that enables using pro controller. Head strap for instance. I don't think I could play in this position longer than half an hour.

Interesting.

I think we'll get a Direct this month but I figured it'd be later on in the month, Atlus have Persona 5S news and Smash has the 3.0 and Joker updates coming 'before the ens of April'.
Starlink is getting a big update in April and Cadence of Hyrule is coming 'in spring' which could be any time...

The only thing that makes sense to do it earlier is for Reggie leaving.

This is assuming Nintendo believe that is something Nintendo fans worldwide would care about. Do the European, UK, Japanese and Australian fans care about Reggie leaving?

He is a pretty big cog and I'd assume all countries are familiar with him since he hosts E3 but him leaving is hardly gaming news, so I wouldn't expect it to be Direct-worthy.

Did they do a Direct goodbye for Iwata?

If they didn't do one for a guy who died, I doubt they'd do one for Reggie retiring.

Did they do a Direct goodbye for Iwata?
No. But they did put out a statement, had a time of mourning and had a shrine at the NY store people could put things at. Reggie was cool and did a good job for Nintendo in the USA. However he was just a regional head and he only retired. He was not the international CEO who died while in the top job. Also as much as Reggie was liked, Iwata was liked more. Even those who hate Nintendo and those who don't care about video games at all respected the man.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is coming to Switch on the 28th of May.

Thanks. I've seen it on PS4 in the store. It looked alright to me (would have been amazing on the previous gen of consoles) but as you know looks can be deceiving. I'll be certainly adding it to my Switch Watch list.

Of recent I have bought a few less than perfect games, on sale mind you and I enjoyed them. Sure flawed but I have remembered we need to be less critical of games and remember that the most important thing is fun. Having it out on Switch is a big carrot I think as many people (myself included) prefer to buy games on Switch. For me the only series (that has multi plat games) I prefer on PS4 is Warriors games, simply because I don't think the Switch can play them well enough, the stock PS4 (I own the Slim) does have slow downs at times.

So in conclusion, thank you for this and it's certainly being added to my Switch wish list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom