• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Switch News and Discussion Thread

Watch the official trailer here:

Cartridges, detachable controllers, Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart, Mario 3D, and more! What are your thoughts on Nintendo's new console/handheld hybrid system?

CvN5gxbUAAAs_RJ.jpg

Was honestly the most paranoid about the controller. So happy that motion controls are nowhere in sight, and we've got solely traditional inputs back for the first time since the Gamecube.

It also looks like the Wii U's mistakes are being avoided - the trailer is very concise about what it is, and markets the new name well while finally ditching the "Wii" moniker.

All in all a great reveal, I think. The name was a bit surprising, but I think people will get used to it.

I think it's pretty cool looking. I would love to see some specs or if there's any processing power difference from when it is docked and not.
A dockable tablet is not a new concept, but one that has nintendo games sounds awesome. Obviously they will have the virtual console as well, and you'll be able to play any game from the nintendo universe anywhere weeeeee!!!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I am ridiculously hyped for this. It means so much to me to be able to play a home console like a handheld because I LIVE for my 3DS and I cant sit in front of a TV for more than an hour. This is absolutely amazing, I can't wait to burn money for it.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
It looks incredible. The only thing I don't care for is the name, but that's not a big deal. It'll be great having a home console and portable all in one. There are so many different ways you can play it!

The detachable controllers turning into two different controllers for multiplayer is awesome and super handy. Plus just the different controller options in general is nice. I can't wait to see what other features there are and learn more about it. But just from that short trailer, I'm already super excited about it.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
If they somehow allow a Wii U Pro Controller compatible with it, then instant buy.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I am pretty happy with it.

Taking home console games on the go, such as(I believe the trailer showed even Skyrim) and BotW will be amazing. Especially considering how much I am out of the house nowadays.

Portable mode doesn't mean anything to me. I'd never have a reason to use it. It looks alright. Controller is good in theory, but I need it in my hands to see how it feels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom