• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Switch Lite Announcement

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
So, Nintendo just announced the long-rumored Nintendo Switch Lite. just in time for the Link's Awakening remake too. (September 20th)

What do you think about this? Will it be a success? Will you buy one yourself?

Im not gonna be bothering with this. I'm 97% a docked Switch player so a smaller version with everything that makes the Switch special and immersive missing out of the box is a hard skip

Last edited:
No one shared the actual source video yet? Oh well I guess I will.

What do I think?
As a pure 3DS replacement for cash strapped parents to get one for their children, it's possibly a good move. But for everyone else, just stick with the original Switch.

Also here's the official compare site.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't even like handheld gaming for big games as I'd rather play on my large TV so I'll definitely be giving this a miss. I don't even use my original switch that much anyway.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I can't believe it's actually real lmao. I won't be getting it since I already have a switch. I can only imagine if those controls start drifting

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Seeing as the Switch Lite is just a downgraded version of the main thing with one of its biggest appeals removed (TV compatibility), I won't be picking this up, but it certainly would be the perfect gift for kids. I'm questioning whether or not the Lite is really pocket-friendly, though, because its not as compact as the 3DS and didn't look much smaller than the regular Switch. Time will tell, but I doubt the majority of Switch owners will get one for themselves.

www.youtube.com
First Look at Nintendo Switch Lite: New Addition to the Nintendo Switch Family
Well, at least they didn't completely forget about Xenoblade Chronicles 2 @5.24. Stiiiiiiiiiiiiiill waiting on the profile icons, too.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
No one shared GameXplain's video on this? I guess I'll link her here...

Neat colors, like the white button color scheme, and if the d-pad feels good, that'd be another plus, but otherwise, it's not a product made for me. Love my original switch still. Kinda curious where micro sd cards will go since there's no stand on these; I know it'll be on the system, just not sure where.

The 2ds of Switches, and that's a good option to have.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Since I already have a Switch I don't really have any reason to this. It is nice for them to have the variety for people who might have this suiting them better but even if I had the choice between the two I'd pick a regular Switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom