• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Switch - IS IT WORTH IT?!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hello,

is the nintendo switch worth $299USD right now or should I wait. I want your opinions because you hae the Switch and I do not; I don't have a location that will let me demo it so honestly I just want your opinions. Thank you so much, don't forget to like and subscribe.

If you have a Wii U and access to Zelda BotW then no. I bought one just cause I'm a hardware junky, but beyond Zelda the launch line up is extremely weak, the store is almost empty, the UI is boring, and there are somethings that still need to be ironed out via updates. Being an early adopter always has risks, I'd just wait unless you got a lot of spare change or no Wii U.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
only you can really decide that, if the concept sounds appealing to you and you're really looking forward to one of the later games like splatoon or mario,then you have your answer
if you're not a fan of the games coming out and/or the portability aspect doesn't interest you,then it would be smart to hold off on getting one if you're not feeling the switch at the moment

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I was really lucky to get a Switch yesterday which was unfortunate because I had already started Breath of the Wild on Wii U because I feared I wouldn't be able to find a Switch for quite some time. Anyway, it's a nice machine, though I haven't really played anything on there. It all really depends on the games. If there aren't going to be many games that interest you for a while, then you should definitely wait. I'm personally looking forward to Mario Kart 8, Street Fighter, Yooka-Laylee, Sonic Mania, Shovel Knight, Splatoon 2, and Mario Odyssey. So the rest of the year seems pretty tight for me.

Edit: Quick warning, the joycons are very small and flimsy feeling, even on the grip, everything feels very crammed and small. They're also not as easy to detach as the commercials made it seem. So if you have larger hands, like any real man should have, then you should definitely consider getting a pro controller which is gonna bump up the overall price quite a bit. So keep that in mind as well. I'd also recommend getting a screen protector as some people have already reported that their Switch is getting scratched just by being inserted into the dock.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom