• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Switch - Do You Prefer to Play Docked or Undocked?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
The best thing about a hybrid console such as the Nintendo Switch is that you have the option to do traditional TV play, or detach the console and play the same games as handhelds. But everybody must have a preference! So I come to you, fellow dungeoners, do you prefer to play your Switch docked or undocked?

Personally, I tend to play it handheld more often. It's just more convenient being able to take it and play wherever, such as in bed or when sitting on the toilet. TV play is great, but when I'm done playing, I usually undock it and bring it to my bedroom anyway so I can keep playing if I can't sleep.

But what about y'all?

I play almost 100% docked. I have a small television so the 900p to 1080p looks just fine to me. Even times where the games dynamically lower to 720p docked look mostly fine to me. I would not want to play any console on a large television.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Oh god Docked Splatoon 2 is horrible.

I hold my controllers at a weird angle when I splat, and that reset camera angle doesn't work right docked...

funnier6

Courage~
Well when I first got it I played almost totally docked, then later almost totally undocked, and now I play almost totally docked again so who knows what the future holds.

Ninja

Well well well
When I got the Switch, I've always thought I was going to play it docked since i believed playing it undocked was a novelty.

Hundreds of hours later, I greatly prefer undocked so I can take it with me around the house.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I personally prefer playing games docked over handheld, but mostly I prefer getting to play when I want to play, so I got myself some really comfortable silicon guards for the joy-cons, which makes the whole thing so much more comfortable to hold and play. So, when at home I exclusively play docked (helps that I have final say about the TV, lol), but whenever I have to be elsewhere and there's time/opportunity to game, I don't mind doing handheld one bit.

Quin

Disaster Master
99% docked. The 1% is if I take a ****. I also hate the joycons and always pick the pro controller over it if I can

Oh god Docked Splatoon 2 is horrible.

I hold my controllers at a weird angle when I splat, and that reset camera angle doesn't work right docked...
Are you sure its not the other way around?
Nowadays I have them off too but when I played around with it I had a much easier time moving just the controller instead off the the whole screen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom