• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Nintendo, SO SNEAKY.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
The series has always been considered family friendly. I can't say no to that, but you gotta admit, Nintendo is like the Disney of videogames in more than one sense.

Have you ever seen how they can subtly hide something in the games? Majora's Mask is often used as an example, so I'll use it.

Unfaithfulness. Because Anju's mother thought of the implcation of Kafei going to Cremia's ranch. To say the least... *puts on incredibly effeminate voice*........

I am shocked! Shocked that something like that is allowed in a game marketed to kids! What is this world coming to!? *faints dramatically*

So, you see. Do you have an example of your own? Your reaction? It can be as nitpicky or over the top as you want it.

And if there is already a thread like this (I didn't see it in the search tool) please lock it.

Note: I wasn't that shocked. I just thought this would be fun.

Last edited:

dadude1200

hero of...uh... somthing.
(reads "getting crap past the radar" article)
hahhHhHa! didnt notice the rock thing nor the hug. nor the tapping thing. agatha always disturbed me i guess...

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I'm fine with alcoholic milk, and (sadly,) I'm ok with Nabooru's promise. (What can I say? I'm in love with Nabooru.)

In any case, everything else even got past MY radar. And I have some pretty serious radar! Ugh... Remind me to never heal Link in a village in AoL ever again...

Um, well... this. I asked someone else to post it for me, but they haven't done so yet, so I suppose I'll just do it. Link... Now, I may not have noticed it if someone didn't point it out to me... And my reaction to that is probably along the lines of... "Link, if you want to be a pervert, don't look so freaked out." :facepalm:

Also, Ghirahim's leggings. His leggings are really tight around the crotch area and Nintendo decided to use their imagination with it... what the heck is wrong with you, Nintendo?!

Last edited:

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man

How could it take me until today to notice that? And am I the only one who didn't understand the Agitha and the ball part?

Just to add something they didn't put in the article (around 1:14):

[video=youtube;uDayJJLoe54]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDayJJLoe54[/video]

This is like an even worse version of the hug scene. I bet nobody gets what I mean. Nobody?

I'm not talking about the Gibdo, it's THE POSITION with the daughter at 1:14. Why does he make that "sound" right a moment after that? This is something that they shouldn't have left out of the top 10.

Last edited:

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Princess Ruto after you beat Barinade.

After she swims up to Link and says she guesses she'll reward him for saving her, if you select "Nothing really" she says "Hehe, don't be shy. I can tell what you're thinking." then on to "... I should give it only to the man who will be my husband. All right! I'll give you my most precious possession ..."

Not really too terribly far-fetched, but it could be construed as mildly suggestive.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Yes, indeed. Sink, remember a while ago in the SS section, you spoke about your surprise with the direction they were daring to take with Ghirahim's character, and I was talking about how I thought they usually seemed pretty unabashed anyway about slipping somewhat risqué stuff into Zelda when they could? The kind of things people have been mentioning here and as cited in the article are the kinds of things I was referring to.

Take this....why would Nintendo decide to stick something like this in the game? It's really unnecessary other than for some snickers on their part...

Although I must say, I've noticed that in OoT3D, they've tightened up just a bit in terms of what they've allowed into the game.

LolGames4U brings up Ruto's character design for example. I've noticed a change with regards to it.
Look at how Ruto appeared in the N64 version, and then below that check the 3DS screenshots...spot a subtle little change they made?

242863-ruto_thumb.jpg
Ruto1.gif
200px-Princess_Ruto_(adult).png
ruto.jpg

picture1kbi.png
picture3vhv.png
picture5edr.png

I suppose it's a bit tough to see in the screenshots, but it appears to me as though they added a scale over each breast as a cover-up, which was clearly not supposed to be in the original, as per the official art. While I haven't seen any official artwork for Ruto of OoT3D yet, I think that when they do release it (if they release it) this change will be reflected in it there, and will appear more clearly.

Other than that, here's one that's sneakier and more likely to have been overlooked. See this:

nkqua.jpg

This exchange usually takes place when speaking to the head carpenter in Kakariko village while wearing the spooky mask. I've noticed in the 3DS version by comparison that this dialogue was slightly altered. Unfortunately, I am not able to provide a screenshot of the 3DS version since no one seems to have taken one, and it's unlikely to be in any video since it's a dialogue extra that isn't required for anything. (Meantime, I would take one myself if I could, but I have not the means....it would have helped had Nintendo included an option to take screenshots on the 3DS with the hardware, but sadly, this is not the case...)

I CAN provide the text comparison however, which is this:

N64: "Hey, you have some good, quality wood there, kid!"
3DS: "Hey, that mask is some good, quality wood there, kid!"

Though it's a change slight enough to be overlooked, the fact that they specified the mask as to what's being referred erases the suggestive innuendo of the other interpretation that had originally been present in the N64 version. Perhaps this one was unintentional in the first place and had slipped their radar....or perhaps they knowingly had stuck it in originally, but decided to back out of it's inclusion in the 3DS release. With Nintendo, I'm not too certain...

Last edited:

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
I suppose it's a bit tough to see in the screenshots, but it appears to me as though they added a scale over each breast as a cover-up, which was clearly not supposed to be in the original, as per the official art. While I haven't seen any official artwork for Ruto of OoT3D yet, I think that when they do release it (if they release it) this change will be reflected in it there, and will appear more clearly.
i noticed this too, but i didn't really touch base on it that well.

I CAN provide the text comparison however, which is this:

N64: "Hey, you have some good, quality wood there, kid!"
3DS: "Hey, that mask is some good, quality wood there, kid!"

Though it's a change slight enough to be overlooked, the fact that they specified the mask as to what's being referred erases the suggestive innuendo of the other interpretation that had originally been present in the N64 version. Perhaps this one was unintentional in the first place and had slipped their radar....or perhaps they knowingly had stuck it in originally, but decided to back out of it's inclusion in the 3DS release. With Nintendo, I'm not too certain...
i never noticed this, in the N64 or the 3DS version. what a great find Sarianae!!

as for the list DerpdeDerp posted a link to, i actually noticed alot of these. as for the "Link, Tap MEEEEE", i honestly got a good lol from that.
====================
as for what I've seen... one line Nabooru says,
attachment.php

"Will you go through this tiny hole and get the treasure that's inside?"
was i the only one who laughed and got freaked out by this? i mean, we already know of her "promise" made to Link, who's to say THIS isn't the promise? hmm?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom