• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Revival Wish List!

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Name a dead/dormant franchise you would like to see Nintendo, Sakurai, Retro or even let Grezzo take a crack at creating their own original from the ground up game.

I think it would be fun to see how a modern Ice Climbers game would work either as a 2D platformer or even a co-op experience.

Name a dead/dormant franchise you would like to see Nintendo, Sakurai, Retro or even let Grezzo take a crack at creating their own original from the ground up game
1. I hope Nintendo ban grezzo from touching any more of their games. The Link's Awakening remake looked pretty but technically was a terrible port. So much so that the GB and GBC versions paly better. I actually feel the GBC version is the best version of the game. Not the Switch remake.

2. Nintendo need to kick Retro off DKC games. Retro made alright games but none of the RARE magic was there. Just hire in Playtonic to do the next DKC game.

3. Retro should be the go to for FPS games on the Switch. Mind you Playtonic have chops in this space too. Goldeneye and Perfect Dark were amazing. Maybe use them both.

4. Captain Raindow 2?
Here's a video about the first game

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
1. I hope Nintendo ban grezzo from touching any more of their games. The Link's Awakening remake looked pretty but technically was a terrible port. So much so that the GB and GBC versions paly better. I actually feel the GBC version is the best version of the game. Not the Switch remake.

I’m trying to think of a single way the original could possibly be better....

But I actually otherwise agree with you. Grezzo should’ve never been trusted with Nintendo’s third biggest franchise. They had 1 amazing remake (LAS), 1 alright remake (OoT3D), 2 horrid remakes (MM3D and LM3D), and 2 incredibly mediocre original games (LBW and TFH). Overall while I think they’ve had time to get their act together, the damage has still been done. They should’ve been left with literally any other series. I even think they would’ve done better with Mario.

As for series revivals obviously there’s F-zero, mother, etc. but we haven’t seen a new Wario Land game since Shake it on the Wii. Wario Ware has since taken over but I never liked that series. I would buy a new Wario Land game in a heartbeat.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Mind you Playtonic have chops in this space too. Goldeneye and Perfect Dark were amazing. Maybe use them both.
Do they? Pretty much everyone at Rare responsible for Goldeneye and Perfect Dark left to form Free Radical over twenty years ago and made the TimeSplitters games. I doubt there's anyone at Playtonic who worked on either of those games.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
th

th

mother.png

th

and that's most of what I care about, I'd be glad to see other kinds of sequels like star tropics or golden sun, but these I primarily want back more than anything else for nintendo
also I know star fox isn't as dormant as the others, but I think we can all agree that this is not the state we want star fox to be in, I'm still waiting on a true successor to star fox assault that continues that storyline

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Hand MonolithSoft the reigns to develop their own Zelda game. They've already proven that they could make a compelling openworld (just needed some filling in) and have additional experience with adventure titles such as Xenoblade. Not to mention that they've dabbled in the development of various Nintendo franchises, ranging from Animal Crossing to Smash Bros, so if the whole team was brought on then they'd have a competent collective talent on their hands.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Grezzo had nothing to do with ALBW
I could’ve sworn they did, but I guess not. Either way my point still stands.

EDIT: so I looked it up, and while they didn’t work on LBW, they did work on TFH, which uses the same engine and art style so maybe that’s why I misremembered. Also they worked on four swords anniversary edition, so there’s another one that falls under “ok remakes.”

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I would love to see all 3D zelda games remade for switch. Because my first console is Wii
And I have played nothing except SS, TP (self owned) Oot, BotW(In my friend's Wii U only a bit. ) .

The one I want to see most is Wario Land. Wario Land 4 is one of my favorite games ever. There's something appealing about all of Wario's wacky transformations and the more combat heavy platforming compared to Mario.

F-Zero is another franchise I would love to see again just because of the speed it provides. Few franchises can match. And none provide quite the same feeling.

Advance Wars is a franchise I loved on the GBA and DS. Then it went away after only 4 installments. I understand Intelligent Systems is riding high off the success of Fire Emblem in recent years but I sure do miss Advance Wars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom