• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo releases 10 minute TotK gameplay video

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
Did you watch? If so, what are your thoughts on what we saw?

For me, the video got me more hyped up for the game than I was before. I was looking forward to it, but not necessarily super excited.

It seems like Nintendo took players complaints about BOTW seriously with the new Fuse and Ascend abilities they gave to Link. There’s going to be so much more to do in the game, and I’m really looking forward to it!

Last edited:

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
So much to take in here, it looks amazing. As I was watching it I took some screenshots of things I noticed, here they are-
These are the icons for the newest abilities we've seen. The first one is Rewind-
Screenshot_20230328-110509_YouTube.jpg
Next is fuse-
Screenshot_20230328-105235_YouTube.jpg
Master hand or whatever it was called (the one used to build the boat)-
Screenshot_20230328-105732_YouTube.jpg
And finally, ascend. This one is my favorite because it looks like he's being abducted by aliens-
Screenshot_20230328-110041_YouTube.jpg
All of the new abilities look like they're going to make gameplay super fun and interesting. I like all of them.
And as for story and lore, the connection to the Zonai has been 100% confirmed
Screenshot_20230328-105348_YouTube.jpg
I mean, we kind of saw it coming already but now we know for sure. This is probably just a me thing, but I was kind of hoping the zonai wouldn't be involved. I just feel like they got waaay over talked about after botw for a race that didn't need to be talked about. They existed, they made sculptures, that's about all we need to know. Now though it looks like we're gonna learn more.

Rinku

Suupa Saiya-jin
TLDR: A bit dry but with a few glimpses of imaginative mechanics.

A bit dissappointed tbh. Seems the showed the bare minimum. Not that i wanted them to show the whole game.
But the things they showed were... a bit not surprising to say.
I mean the glueing or the constructing was pretty obvious in the last trailer. No need to show how it's done. We could have figured it out in the first minutes of gameplay ourselves. Or perhaps show it in a trailer.
The Ascend ability seems promising, although I foresee that ppl will use it as a bail out of difficult situations or fast travel (speedrunners ahoy!).
The Rewind ability is also neat.
EDIT: The HUD looks more or less the same as before , though the new icons for the new abilities look awesome!
I expected, I guess, more innovative "not seen in trailers so far" things.
Seems that nintendo doesn't want to reveal too much or that their attention is on the mario movie.
From what they've shown so far, the story and the exploration seems more intriguing, rather than the gameplay mechanics.
IF this is the tip of the iceberg or not we'll know in a month or so.
Wait and see.

Last edited:
All I got to say is the lack of cryonis is going to be the death of me. Constructing rafts and boats to get across will be fun at first but after 100 hours of gameplay, that is going to get tedious and I am not going to want to have to stop to take the effort to make something every time I want to cross water. Especially when the assembly process resembles magnesis, which I was always terrible at controlling in Breath of the Wild.

Other than that it looks decent. I figured there was some sort of fusion mechanic due to Link's Champion Tunic in concept art, but I wouldn't have expected it to embody everything. Will be curious about fused weapons resetting durability.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
All I got to say is the lack of cryonis is going to be the death of me
Dang are they gonna remove old runes? The new runes are sick but the it'd be a huge bummer if they removed the old ones.I also wish stasis had been merged with recall.

Imma just say it out. I'm disappointed that there's no loftwing like creatures that you could bons with like horses. Is anyone with me in this?

Seems there's no underwater diving ability in this game either.

The ability to craft us ****ing epic tho. Overall I'm having a mixed feeling about TotK

Pokémaniac13

Triforce Champion
All I got to say is the lack of cryonis is going to be the death of me. Constructing rafts and boats to get across will be fun at first but after 100 hours of gameplay, that is going to get tedious and I am not going to want to have to stop to take the effort to make something every time I want to cross water. Especially when the assembly process resembles magnesis, which I was always terrible at controlling in Breath of the Wild.

Other than that it looks decent. I figured there was some sort of fusion mechanic due to Link's Champion Tunic in concept art, but I wouldn't have expected it to embody everything. Will be curious about fused weapons resetting durability.
All terrain vehicles?

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
I am intrigued by what I saw, I’ve never been one to be super crafty so I might struggle a bit but it could also be fun using weird things as weapons. I wish we got more of a view of the game like a hint at the story or a view of a dungeon.

Dang are they gonna remove old runes? The new runes are sick but the it'd be a huge bummer if they removed the old ones.I also wish stasis had been merged with recall.

Imma just say it out. I'm disappointed that there's no loftwing like creatures that you could bons with like horses. Is anyone with me in this?

Seems there's no underwater diving ability in this game either.

The ability to craft us ****ing epic tho. Overall I'm having a mixed feeling about TotK
We don't know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom