• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Officially Announces DSi LL

Even though most people would say that this is a waste of time and it's a waste of money, considering I never bought the Nintendo DSi it wouldn't be a waste of my money to buy this. Also with the 4.25 inch screens I'm very interested in buying it. I'd like to be able to play the games I currently own on bigger screens as it would be useful, It does get annoying playing on the DS Lite's 3 inch screen for extended periods of times (which I do a lot because I love the pokemon series).

The DS Lite does cause problems when you play for too long because it can cause eye strains (and sometimes headaches) which is annoying when I'm getting into a game.

So I'll be saving up money where I can so that I can buy this, my current DS Lite is on it's last legs too seeing as the hinge is starting too break. I do think though that they need to come up with something new for their next handheld console, they can't just keep making DS's bigger and bigger otherwise it will defeat the point of it being a handheld and people will lose interest. I hope that this is their last new handheld that just makes the screens bigger and a few other pointless things.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I have the Nintendo Dsi. I don't think that I'll be getting this one though. It is just a bigger Dsi, of what I've heard, and it comes with some free software installed. There's really no difference of what I've heard except for size, so I think I'll be keeping my old Dsi, unless I find something about new features that are important.I also heard that with some of the older games will be different in the way it looks because of the bigger screen.

I don't like it. It would've helped if they released this as the original DSi's regular size to prevent me from having to redownload all my DSiWare all over again. Besides, the bulkier it gets, the harder it is to carry it. I'm no technician, but don't all computer processors work better when smaller?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I do like the idea of larger screens (I actually prefer to play GBA games on the Game Boy Player for that reason), but I'm not willing to pay the higher premium for what amounts to exactly the same functionality as the DSi I just purchased. Unless they also make the device sturdier, or give it longer warranty. That might have sold me, but they didn't do that. It's just larger.

Of course, if I didn't already have a DSi, and it was the same price or only a little more... I would have gotten it.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
That seems pretty cool actually. I got my silver DS Lite about a year ago. My first DS was in ruin, I needed an upgrade. I bought it a month before the DSi, but I needed to play the upcoming Pokemon Platinum, and my old DS was too crappy. I might get one eventually, I'll wait a while and see what they come up with.

I wish they wouldn't keep doing this. And I wish they wouldn't exxagerate on how flimsy the old touch pens were- Small and annoying (Mine kept stabbing me in the hand with the blunt end somehow) But not flimsy. What is the point of this? It looks to me more like a publicity stunt. People were buying the Dsi And then a couple of months later Sony release a new Psp, so they have to release a new Dsi Or they get forgotten. I bet several months form new Sony release an upgradced version of their latest Psp....And then Nintedo release an updated version of the DSi LL...or make something new...There's only so long they can keep going with the whole Ds Idea...ugh, I find this so annoying. Would it kill them to stick with the DSi A little longer before upgrading it? Knowing the way things owrk..probably.

But Like I said, there's only so long they can go on with the Ds- All the idfferent types of it they have now, it's going to be on its last legs pretty soon, I reckon.

Tom

I don't understand these guys... They begin turning things smaller, and now they say they wanna make it bigger? ._.
Anyway, I've seen some of you find it a waste of money while others think it was a good idea and already want it. This actually worries me a lot.

I've recently bought a DS Lite (I'd not be able to stay another year without a 'new' Zelda), knowing that the DSi was already being sold. However, now Nintendo started selling this new version of the DSi, the DSi LL / XL.

Don't you think it's all happening too fast? I wish I had more time to play my DS Lite, but apparently things will keep on being replaced. Nothing shocking at all, but I started wondering if it's worth buying, let's say, the DSi XL. I mean... soon or later this era will end, and we might even have a new console, replacing the Wii. So should I worry about the handheld consoles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom