• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Needs to Make a New Star Fox/metroid/fzero

Ok I'll just start off by saying that I love Zelda and I would definitely put it within my top 3 favorite video game franchises of all time but is a new Zelda really what we need right now? It hasn't even been two years since skyward sword came out and a link between worlds is due out this holiday season and already the fans are begging for a new title. While I too want a new Zelda title I would honestly prefer if nintendo would shift focus to a beloved franchise that hasn't been touched on in a while such as star fox, metroid, or f zero. It's been years since we've seen anything from these franchises and with nintendo moving to HD think of how awesome those games moving to the wii u would be. I really don't want Zelda to become one of those franchises that releases a new game every year and then shortly becomes stale. I would rather wait two or three more years for a new Zelda game and have them take their time with it then have it be a rushed project.

ILU

i luv u
I would love a new F Zero. Would be really great with gyro controls, IMO. I'd also love a new Metroid (in my top 3 favs), but I'm still butthurt over Other M. I think Nintendo is kinda done working on Metroid directly, so I have no hope in that area. :/ A new Star Fox would be great too, especially with the visual details available through an HD console and control-pad possibilities. Heck, even Metroid could really put the pad to great use.

I do want to see a New Star Fox game, but in order for that to happen I think the series needs to start from scratch. Star Fox Command was pretty much the end of Star Fox and I don't see a game taking place after Command. I Have a feeling a Metroid game will come to Wii U, no doubt about it, as for F-Zero... I wouldn't be dissapointed if they didn't make a game, I'm not a huge fan of F-Zero anyway, Same with Metroid.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
See...thing is, I can't see none of these series are particularly profitable. What does Nintendo have to gain from reworking their staff to get suited to racers, shooters, and flight simulators that haven't been touched in oh so long? Sure - it's nice to see diversity within Nintendo's lineup. But we haven't seen this sorta shizzle from Nintendo in a while. I don't expect nor do I particularly desire to see Metroid, F-Zero, or Star Fox. I can't remember the last game in any of those series.

Salem

SICK
They could make inexpensive downloadable-only releases of these franchise that plays like their old instalments, like arcade-like Starfox and 2d Metriod, if those are successful, then they can start making big-budget retail sequels.

Hanyou

didn't build that
I'd rather see Nintendo create a completely new IP than revive an old one. When you keep rehashing old franchises, they're eventually gonna get stale. Both F-Zero and Starfox have already had enough successful games in their names. Time to move on. Show the fans something completely new. As for Metroid, there's almost certainly gonna be more games in the series made, so there's no point discussing.

F-Zero, sure, but Starfox? We've only gotten two proper Starfox games. The last one was released 16 years ago.

Starfox deserves a proper corridor shooter. There aren't enough games in its genre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom