• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo movies

Detective Pikachu is releasing soon and it looks like it'll be amazing.

But aside from Detective Pikachu, Nintendo also have a CGI Super Mario movie in production by Illumination (guys who did the Minions) and lord only knows how that one will turn out after last time...

But say Nintendo actually have a good run of decent movies based on their IPs... which movies based on Nintendo IPs would you like to see?

Well, obviously Zelda.
I don’t have interest in any other game movies so I’m just going to speculate what Zelda instalment I’d like to see the most. These three came to mind first:
-MM movie would be a great choice. Art style is already there https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbMQ***6lo8. The dark theme of MM would make a great animated horror movie for adults.
-BotW is my soft spot. I would watch BotW movie million times. BotW would be the best choice for live acting Zelda movie. However, I think animation would be better.
-OoT would sell a lot coz of nostalgia.

Edit. forum censors link coz there is f a g

Last edited:

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Whew. I dunno... even if the movie's good, video games just don't translate well to cinema more often than not.

I think a Metroid movie would be feasible. It's pretty straight forward. Don't have to over think it. Just put Samus on a space station, blow it up, make it obvious who the bad guys are, then spend the rest of the hour and forty minute run time exploding alien parasites and space pirates on an alien planet...
... then blow up the planet.

You know? Exactly like in the games.

Come to think of it, this is all you need to do to make a Doom movie. It's not complicated. It's amazing that they still manage to screw it up.

The biggest question is... who would be cast as Samus?

Nintendo would never allow such a thing to happen though. Heaven forbid they tarnish their "kid friendly" reputation with a scary gorey action fest with explosions! This is the same reason they have no idea how to make a good Metroid game anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom