• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Just Shot Itself in the Leg.

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
There are three games, called The Last Story,(directed by Hironobu Sakaguchi!!!!:puppy:), Xenoblade(formally known as Monado beginning of the world) and pandoras tower. As you may have noticed, no interesting games are being released for the Wii lately except skyward sword. Xenoblade,and the last story are RPG's, and pandoras tower is an adventure game. Someone, wanted these titles so bad, he/she started an entire movement called operation rainfall, to convince nintendo to release these games in North america. He/she got everybody who wanted these games to pre-order it on amazon, boosting it to the top seller in video games on amazon. People sent millions of letters to Nintendo of america clamoring for these games. so what does nintendo do, you ask? why they say : "we have no plans to release these games in america). which as many people know is basically a polite saying of "We will not release these games". These three games were some of the only hardcore games to come out for wii!!!! and so many people pre ordered these games!. I for oe was extremely excited for last story and pandoras tower. Here are links to the articles

http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1179120p1.html

http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1179222p1.html

http://wii.ign.com/articles/118/1180029p1.html

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Its like Square Soft in the early 90s with that weird mentality that nobody outside of Japan likes RPGs.

I've heard it could also be due to the expensive localization process they'd have to go through.

But my bet is that they'll probably keep them for the WiiU. The possibilities of those games selling well on a console that has Zumba Fitness as its current top-seller are... doubtful, even with the pre-orders. Don't you think that? From a business perspective, it would be risky. They probably aim for a bigger audience with that. I'm just trying to look at the positive side.

Though, I agree with you. Those games looked like true must-buys.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
I'm not quite sure why they're even translating two of the games for a Europe release if i'm completely honest. Maybe it's just the channels I happen to watch, maybe it's the UK television service, but I rarely see video games advertised.

It almost seems like they're selling to a smaller audience by making such a move which, from a business standpoint, makes very little sense.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I read about Pandora's Tower in Nintendo Power and I was looking forward to it! Nintendo's made some pretty messed up mistakes lately, and they're basically killing the Wii singlehandedly by ONLY making reallY CRAPPY casual games. Wii Play: Motion. Really? REALLY????

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom