• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Nintendo Issues Numerous Copyright Blocks to GilvaSunner's Channel, Prompting the Channel's Deletion

Leave it to the likes of Nintendo and Disney to make copyright worse for everyone. They both blatantly ignore their own IP until it comes time to lose them to public domain and then bend laws to milk money out of them. Laws should be getting more lenient for the general public as time goes on, not less.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Nintendo is a great company that makes great games but man do they suck at public relations. Past couple years they've been going after channels posting their OSTs and it's getting absurd. Didn't they take down a mario kart and oot soundtrack just last year? I'd people don't make any money off of it, I don't see the problems. Why is it okay to post video game playthroughs but not the music? It's just another way of appreciating what they made. Tons of videos have clips of movies or even reactions to entire films, but film studios let it slide as long as their not just posting the movie itself. There's no reason for Ninty to be so uptight.

Oathkeeper95

The Oath of Kinbaku, Tzion, Terra, and Iscariot.
Japanese companies just seem to have a lot of PR moves that are ass backwards. In general. Im not surprised that they struck it down, Im just dissappointed I lost an avenue to listen to their music.

Maybe this points to Nintendo announcing its own music streaming platform. Who knows. That would definitely be ass backwards.

I use youtube music too, so this is doubly sad for me.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I think it might have something to do with copyright laws. There is one copyright law that states that if you don't excercise your copyright, you may lose it.
In other words: If Nintendo lets someone use their content, in a non-transformative manner, no matter how harmless the intent is, if someone then uses it more maliciously in the future (like actually stealing and using it), those people could just refer to the first case where Nintendo didn't do anything, and thus make it a more difficult case for Nintendo to win.

It's probably not all there is to it, but I'd say it's at least 1 of the reasons. It's a reason that sucks, but a reason nontheless...

I don't really know why? Gilva is not making any money off it. And Nintendo neither sells nor puts up their music on their own channel and websites. It does no harm, but nothing people can do about it. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom