• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo is Debating an MM Remake or ALttP Remake!

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
no,i already bought a link to the past for like $14 and majoras mask for $22 [money well spent,though]
i don't necessarily like the idea of buying the same game again w/ only some tweeks of the graphics

although,id say a link to the past remake b/c im fine w/ majoras mask being 64 bit

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
no,i already bought a link to the past for like $14 and majoras mask for $22 [money well spent,though]
i don't necessarily like the idea of buying the same game again w/ only some tweeks of the graphics

although,id say a link to the past remake b/c im fine w/ majoras mask being 64 bit

The main point of re-releases is to move older games to newer systems. Because the older ones are no longer produced and are more difficult to find in working order. Porting them to the newer systems gives them new life and allows people to keep playing the games they knew before.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao

You personally do not have to buy the game -- it's simply a decision Nintendo chooses to make really. A company making a game doesn't mean you have to buy said game, that's not how being a [healthy] consumer works!

OoT3D wasn't the "same game with tweeks of the graphics". Sure enough, it was the same game essentially, but it brought new life to the name "Ocarina of Time", graphics don't do that. The same with Star Fox 3D.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I would like ALTTP to be remade. I love playing ALTTP, plus, it's my first Zelda game I have played. I definitely vote ALTTp to be remade for the 3DS.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Unless aLttP is remade into an entirely new game (which almost certainly) won't happen, MM will almost certainly be remade for the 3DS, because who wants to play a 2D Game in 3D?

REASONING: MM uses a very similar engine to OoT, thusly would translate better onto the 3DS. Also, the MM save system wouldn't be an issue with the 3DS hibernation feature. Graphics-wise, the commercial at The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS) - Commercial - YouTube shows a possible OoT 3D remake (for 3DS) with similar graphics to that fan-made MM trailer we have all seen by now. So the 3DS could handle the graphics that we saw in that trailer, rendering the Wii U possibility unnecessary. Unless aLttP is completely remade into something like OoT, a 3D update wouldn't do much. However, the Wii U could allow that to be updated with HD graphics without making a whole new game.

Bottom Line:
MM = 3DS
aLttP = Wii U

If I had to pick one it would be Majora's mask but I really want an HD wind waker port to the Wii u!

Virtual Console possibility there.

I really don't want a ALTTP remake, a MM remake is the only one that makes sense. Why? MM 3DS already exists, in a way. The graphics are already there, the story is already there, all they need to do is put it together, MM 3DS could be made in a couple months. Who knows how long a ALTTP remake would take. I really don't want any more remakes. Is this what Nintendo has come to? Reliving their past glory by making remakes instead of new original games? What a shame.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Unless aLttP is remade into an entirely new game (which almost certainly) won't happen, MM will almost certainly be remade for the 3DS, because who wants to play a 2D Game in 3D?

It said "ALttP Remake", not 3D Classics. Porting any game to the 3DS and slapping the 3D effect on is far too easy compared to remaking a 2D game from the ground up in three dimensions as I assume Nintendo means. That's the only possible meaning of ALttP remake, them making ALttP in three dimensions like OoT/MM/TP/SS/TWW/etc., because they wouldn't be debating "port of a game that takes so little time" and "remake of a game".

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
I have mixed feelings about a Majora's Mask remake. Only because I don't think the graphics are that bad. It would be nice to play on a handheld though. ALTTP- heck yes!!!! Even though I have it for gameboy advance, I would love to see better graphics. This is exciting :)

B

blakefisher

neither to be honest. I'd rather them make a new game. I don't want the 3ds just to be full of old zelda games that we've already played. I'd take LTTP over the two though. SInce it would be changed to 3d and feel the freshest.

Fig

The Altruist
Either game would be fine with me, but I would go with A Link To The Past only because this marks the 20th Anniversary of A Link To The Past. That game was awesome!

Either would be fine, both would be outstanding! I'm hoping more for MM as i didnt have it when it was out for the N64(+4bit red thingy :P)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom