• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Nintendo HANDHELDS vs TV CONSOLES

nintendo would keep?

• Handhelds

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • TV consoles

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • its an impossible choice...

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Night Owl

~Momentai
Its a very tough choice as Nintendo has been with me my entire life. I started with Link's Awakening on the gameboy color, then went to Windwaker on the GameCube several years later.

I played handhelds on road trips or anytime I was waiting. Ive also played consoles nonstop for hours on end.
I can't choose between them because I enjoy them both in different ways.

Grew up with an NES and a Gameboy. I always saw the Gameboy as a supplemental thing, for some reason. Real games were on the console.

Nintendo's handheld division has been always been their strong spot. That being said, I wouldn't want them to leave either market. I've enjoyed both their consoles and handhelds for quite a number of years, and gaming would just not be the same without Nintendo.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
TV consoles are what originally introduced me to Nintendo, but my first introduction to Zelda was on a handheld. If I had to choose one however, it would definitely be tv consoles. I like handhelds, but I play tv consoles a lot more. I'm just more comfortable playing on a tv, and my sister loves to watch me play games so she would be pretty upset if I just played on handhelds.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Nintendo is far better at handheld systems than TV consoles. Especially nowadays. My only complaint with the Wii U is it lacks a variety of games, and I feel that their handheld consoles have a number of games to choose from.

It really is an impossible choice... I started with the Wii and DS, and both copies of New Super Mario Bros. Strangely, I never realized the pixellated look of the DS's low resolution screen until just a short while ago. Fortunately, the Switch solves my dilemma of having to choose whether I want my virtual console titles to be on the handheld or wii u, so I couldn't be happier with the direction Nintendo is going in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom