• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Gives Answers to Link Having a Voice!

Hmmm... interesting. I'd love to have :) have a voice, but I also don't want Miyamoto to leave! *sigh* Everyone has to have their time eventually... but I'll have to check out Prince Fascade's voice somewhere.

I find it funny cause when people askes for Links name he dosent talk but people magicaly know his name I like to think of him having a nametag or a pencil and paper.

Having played a lot of games where Link's shouts and grunts can be heard, I know that he has a voice already. Additionally, in OoT and other titles, you can choose dialog options which can only be assumed to be the things Link says once you choose them. The way I see it, Link has a voice, and Miyamoto doesn't want us to hear him say any words in it.

It looks like you put a whole lot of work into this thread, DM. We may not want link to have a voice, but that doesn't mean they won't give everyone else in Hyrule a voice. I have a feeling they will do it as an experiment, just like they have experimented with other new things that were added to the series.
One more thing, how much did you have to pay for those autographs, DM?

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
One more thing, how much did you have to pay for those autographs, DM?

To begin with, you must understand, I'm an usurper god, also known as a V.I.P. Us expensive people don't "pay" for things. Yes, I put a lot of work into my threads, like my woman.;)

Having played a lot of games where Link's shouts and grunts can be heard, I know that he has a voice already. Additionally, in OoT and other titles, you can choose dialog options which can only be assumed to be the things Link says once you choose them. The way I see it, Link has a voice, and Miyamoto doesn't want us to hear him say any words in it.

I personally don't care. The Zelda series brings in a lot of money, so if Nintendo decided Link should have a voice they most likely would mess it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
i hope they don`t make the same mistake that in fable 3, if the hero is supposed to be me, i don`t want him to have a voice that doesn`t fit my playstyle

i could accept to add a voice to the character in a game only if i can have a choice of voice

I dunno why I kind of take offensive to that "You problem don't know who he is" comment above. I've been obsessed with Mario since I was five and I'm pretty sure a good majority of Zelda fans know and adore Charles. As for his voice acting, I can never see it. The whole point of Link is for the player to feel as though he/she IS Link. Having a voice and hearing Link say things you know you never would just destroys that and kind of kills some of what makes Zelda amazing.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
i hope they don`t make the same mistake that in fable 3, if the hero is supposed to be me, i don`t want him to have a voice that doesn`t fit my playstyle

i could accept to add a voice to the character in a game only if i can have a choice of voice

Fable 3 doesn't have any memorable moments of your character chatting with his/her voice, so I'll disagree with this statement.

I kinda like that link dosen't have a voice because its cool that he just goes and saves the day. He doesn't have to talk about it or brag or anything. He just does work. It's awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom