• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo E3 Predictions

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
E24eRymXMAEa91h.jpg%3Alarge

Now that we have a set date, what are some things you guys are expecting to see?

I am predicting:
  • zelda 35th stuff including botw 2 (finally!)​
  • age of calamity dlc trailer​
  • something pokemon​
  • something fire emblem​
  • smash dlc (this is already confirmed though)​
  • something mario probably​
  • metroid update possibly​
  • a couple indies​
I get the feeling Zelda might actually be the main focus of this E3, since it's the 35th and all. There have been some supposedly credible leaks that point in this direction. Either way, I'm not really expecting a lot that isn't first party here.

What about you guys? Any predictions you wanna share?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Aonuma said during the last direct that they'll be showing BotW2 later this year, so I took that to mean they had a trailer ready, or almost ready, but were saving it for E3. This also gives me the impression that they did that due to not having anything else big to show at E3, but I hope I'm wrong.

So I'm definitely predicting a BotW2 trailer, along with an official announcement for the first wave of AoC DLC and probably another trailer for SSHD as a reminder that it exists. OoTHD is a possibility but I don't really think so. I've also thought they could potentially do a Zelda collection like they did with Mario 3D All Stars, which would be neat. Overall, I think Zelda is going to be the main focus of their E3 as a whole this year.

We already know they'll be showing off the next Smash fighter, but I actually think they're going to at the very least announce who the final one will be as well, or if not then they'll announce which franchise it comes from. I think releasing the next character as soon as the presentation ends is something Nintendo would do as it's something they've done before.

Pokemon D&P remakes will likely be shown again in trailer form and they'll probably announce when the demo, if there is one, will be released. With Pokemon Legends coming out in January, I also expect to see a little bit more of that game.

As for new announcements, I don't think a Super Mario Odyssey follow-up is out of the question. They released a sequel to Galaxy after that game was so successful so I can see them doing the same for Odyssey. I don't know if I'm necessarily expecting it, but if they show a new Mario game, it'll be either a new 3D Super Mario or a new Mario Kart, both of which would be guaranteed best sellers and combined with BotW2 could give Nintendo one of their best fiscal years ever.

There will also obviously be a lot of indies shown, but as Nintendo's last direct was mostly indies, it would be smart for them to focus less on them for E3. I thought about whether or not they'll have anything to show for Metroid Prime 4 but I have a feeling that game is not far enough along in development yet.

One thing I'm hoping to see, but for which I'm not holding my breath in the slightest, is Pikmin 4. That's more of a wish than a prediction though.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I’m 99% positive we’re gonna get something for BotW2, even if it’s not a 2021 release date. Aside from that, a ton of Zelda stuff is gonna be announced. Mostly the AoC DLC, WW/TPHD ports, maybe the 3D ports or even an OoX remake if we’re lucky. Either way they’re gonna do something stupid that pisses everyone off just enough to have us complaining, but not enough to have us not buy the game or anything.

There’s gonna be a new Mario Spinoff, as indicated by the “sexy waluigi” render (though the phrase “sexy waluigi” is redundant, I’m not sure how else to call that render in particular). If I had to guess, it’ll be Super Mario Party 2 based on the update the first one got.

Obviously there will be a smash reveal, the question is who. My prediction is that there will be 2: Phoenix Wright and Doom Guy. I have no evidence to back up these guesses, Im just going on a hunch. At the very least I hope it’s not yet another anime RPG character nobody cares about like the last one.

I don’t expect a whole lot on Pokémon. Maybe a new BDSP or L:A trailer but that’s it.

Im honestly not expecting much for Metroid. We might get Samus in fortnite like the rumors have said. We might get a prime 4 update but I still don’t think it’ll be much unfortunately. The most I’d expect so see in terms of actual announcements are a Samus Returns port or something similar.

Aside from that, probably no “big name” announcements. Mostly just small third part titles and a wave of RPGs that all but a few people will actually care about. The last direct we got was incredibly disappointing, so Im being cautiously optimistic about this one.

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
one of them marios, a zelda maybe, and a pleasant surprise thing that no one here will care about but me

I imagine the big stuff would take up a good portion of the time though like smash and one of the long awaited stuff

I am optimistic about the announcements this year but also cautious not to be overhyped.

I think BotW2 is a given and will be the last game shown during Nintendo's presentation just like BotW was during the Nintendo Switch Presentation in 2017. Also, like its predecessor, I'm expecting a March release. I think it was originally scheduled to release this year but the pandemic pushed it back.

More info on Age of Calamity DLC will almost certainly be at E3 as well.

We'll see 1-2 Smash characters revealed at E3. If we see 2, then it'll be similar to E3 2019 where one character is shown early on and the other towards the end of the presentation.

A new Kirby game is practically a given. Kirby games have short development cycles, and it's been over 3 years since Star Allies. It'll probably release Quarter 1 2022.

I believe we'll also see a new Mario Party releasing later this year with online play. Nintendo was testing the waters by adding online to Super Mario Party.

It's high time for a new WarioWare. I think we'll see one releasing later this year.

We'll see some sort of reminders about the Diamond and Pearl remakes and Legends Arceus during the Direct but most of the discussion about those games will be saved for the Treehouse.

I'm going to beat a dead horse and say we'll finally see the long rumored Metroid Prime Trilogy HD releasing later this year. But no Prime 4 news.

Bayonetta 3 will also finally have its first full-length trailer. I'm expecting a 2022 release for it.

Splatoon 3 will have a fairly beefy segment dedicated to it with a summer 2022 release.

As for rumors circulating around, I think it's pretty likely we'll see a new 2D DK game and it'll release later this year.

We'll probably see a Fire Emblem announcement as well. I expect a Genealogy of the Holy War remake scheduled for 2022.

Last edited:

MW7

I just want to be able to play all old Zelda games on Switch. I hope we get a few more of them this year besides the ones we already know.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
E24eRymXMAEa91h.jpg%3Alarge

Now that we have a set date, what are some things you guys are expecting to see?

I am predicting:
  • zelda 35th stuff including botw 2 (finally!)​
  • age of calamity dlc trailer​
  • something pokemon​
  • something fire emblem​
  • smash dlc (this is already confirmed though)​
  • something mario probably​
  • metroid update possibly​
  • a couple indies​
I get the feeling Zelda might actually be the main focus of this E3, since it's the 35th and all. There have been some supposedly credible leaks that point in this direction. Either way, I'm not really expecting a lot that isn't first party here.

What about you guys? Any predictions you wanna share?
I agree with most of what you said here, along with a handful of other random stuff.That seems to be like what we’re getting news of already. With the fact that most of this is already practically confirmed or already reveal, I’m betting on us getting one big reveal, just for something out of the blue. BOTW2 will be the highlight, but perhaps a teaser trailer for a Metroid or Mario game is in order a la BOTW2’s trailer. Yes, this is just a way I can tell myself there will be Metroid news.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I always have this little speck of hope that they'll mention Pikmin 4.... But they won't... They've pretty much confirmed that Pikmin as a franchise isn't super as successfull as other franchises, so they just have it on the backburner for years, with just 2 - 3 people working on ideas every now and then. Then once they've found something they'd like to make a game out of, they put in the full team. It's almost been another 10 year gap since Pikmin 3 (we also got the spin-off "Hey! Pikmin" for the 3DS, but I'm talking main series here).
I don't think anything will be mentioned about it, but I always have the tiniest of hopes!

But BotW 2 is a definite.

I'm guessing we'll see something for every series hitting 25 or 35. Zelda BOTW2 is probably very likely. A new Donkey Kong. Something Metroid perhaps.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
I am fairly certain we'll get Crash for Smash (or at least I've convinced myself of that, and if it doesn't happen I'll be soulcrushingly disappointed like I was after the February direct when I let my imagination run wild and convinced myself that many things were happening that didn't).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom