• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo E3 2018

We saw few games from Nintendo with beefy segments for one just like Sony.

Nintendo showed off Daemon x Machina, Xenoblade 2 DLC, Super Mario Party, Fortnite, DBFZ, Fire Emblem Three Houses, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate among others.

I'd give the conference a B+ overall. Smash was so hype but everything else was a bit weaker.

Thoughts?

Games shown at the Nintendo Direct

Daemon x Machina
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 DLC
Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu and Eevee
Pokeball Plus (with exclusive Mew)
Super Mario Party
Fire Emblem - Three Houses
Fortnite
Overcooked 2
Killer Queen Black
Hollow Night
Octopath Traveller + new demo
Starlink Bttle for Atlas
Minecraft
Sushi Striker
Captain Toad
FIFA 19
Paladins
Splatoon 2 Octo DLC
SNK Heroines
Wolfensten 2
Mega Man 11
Mario Tennis Aces
Dragon Ball Z
Super Smash Bros Ultimate

@A Link In Time
That's the full list.

For me the ones that interested me a lot were:
the XC2 DLC, Super Mario Party, Smash Bros and Mario Tennis

WOW!!

I can't believe Smash bros was enough to literally smash my brain in excitement!!
I've never felt this way about a game reveal in so long, I'm Blown Away!! My god that was amazing!!! Better than any of the past game reveals in a long time!!

I'm so Mind blown right now I have to watch that segment again!!

I mean yeah Fire Emblem Three Houses is another highlight for me, really looking forward to that, but Smash was enough to really enjoy the overall presentation!!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Smash Ultimate blows away everything for me. Even without a story mode, it looks amazing. Then there's Fire Emblem Three Houses which looks stunning and it has free roam, which is fantastic.

I wanted to see Animal Crossing Switch, Bayonetta 3, and Grezzo's Zelda thing, as well, but the stuff I mentioned above is so good that I don't mind as much.

For me Nintendo, Limited Run Games and Square Enix were the best events. Simply because they were pre made digital videos. The other live events by the other developers really detracted from the reveal videos they had. Also their game play footage was much to long. Nintendo, LRG and SquareEnix were just a quick rapid fire hit of games.

I think everyone should ditch the live keynotes and just do premade digital events.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Extremely disappointing for me, other than the Fire Emblem trailer.

And you all know I'm an Animal Crossing fangirl, but that wasn't even the most disappointing part for me. They spent way too much time on Smash, and it was painful to sit through. And I love Smash. But I felt like I was watching a trailer for some upcoming DLC content for the Wii U version. Very little graphical improvement and the character improvement was either minimal or awful. They made Zelda look like a cutesy anime girl and Ganon look like an ugly witch. And hey I know they're supposed to be based on ALBW and OoT but they don't look cool anymore, they look goofy and non-threatening.

I give this showcase a D. Very underwhemling, repetitive, and just ****ing disappointing.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

And you all know I'm an Animal Crossing fangirl, but that wasn't even the most disappointing part for me. They spent way too much time on Smash, and it was painful to sit through. And I love Smash. But I felt like I was watching a trailer for some upcoming DLC content for the Wii U version. Very little graphical improvement and the character improvement was either minimal or awful. They made Zelda look like a cutesy anime girl and Ganon look like an ugly witch. And hey I know they're supposed to be based on ALBW and OoT but they don't look cool anymore, they look goofy and non-threatening.

I give this showcase a D. Very underwhemling, repetitive, and just ****ing disappointing.

Ah I liked Ganons new look. Gone back to the tight leather which a man of his physique should always be wearing and not to mention his guyliner is on point. Much better looking than the benevolent appearance of his Sm4sh U counterpart. Don't like the Zelda though. She looks way too...cartoonish and not warrior enough.

The direct was pretty great, definitely not a waste of time and definitely not disappointing.

I do wish we got more Metroid Prime 4, although that game is probably early in development with little to show off right now. There wasn't much to celebrate besides Smash, but I'm really looking forward to a genuine and new Mario Party experience on top of smaller games like The World Ends With You finally having a release window. It's too bad that Fire Emblem is a early 2019 release, but it looks fantastic - I love the 3DS games, but this looks like a return to the Radiant Dawn style, which, if I'm being honest, was the last game in the series to truly have a griping narrative that kept me on the edge of my seat.

Smash was awesome, nothing more to say about that here.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Thumbnail-Snake-Super-Smash-Bros-Ultimate.jpg

nothing else matters to me, I'm 100% satisfied

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor

In my opinion PoT Ganondorf looks much better. I am also glad hr gets his sword to use for smash attacks.

All I sae from e3 was smash, and that is all I really needed to see, but I wish they had a release date for dark souls remastered

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
I feel like the way they did it was pretty good, rapid-firing a lot of the content, and focusing on the games everyone was most likely to appreciate. As for the content, I was excited as heck to see FE content (even if I don't like the newer direction they're taking the art), Mario Party 11 looks dope, as does the Captain Toad port, and it was nice to see some third party content getting a bit of spotlight.

Only problem was that they focused too much on Smash, which looks atrocious. The models look cheap, the whole Zelda cast is a total mess, and they're focusing too much on reviving dead characters instead of making new ones. I mean compare the reaction of seeing Pichu come back to the addition of Cloud. I really wish they hadn't added Ridley, having him as a balanced fighter takes away from how powerful he is in Metroid. He's gone from being a terrifying boss character to being on par with an average hunting dog. But the presentation was purely fanservice, and everyone else wanted him in since Brawl.

B overall

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom