• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo DS Wifi on 3DS

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
So I try to connect my DS games to wifi with my 3DS but it says this:

"The access point's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS. For help, visit support.nintendo.com."

I did that and none of the information helped.

The 3DS can connect to wifi but not the DS connection.

I don't know if I should just say "screw it" and use my sister's ds if I want to play DS games online.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
This is the same problem I had when I was trying to connect with Pokemon Heart Gold. From my understanding, DS games are only compatible with WEP security, and are not compatible with WPA security. Even though you can enjoy online features on your 3DS using WPA security, you can not do so with DS games. So if you are like me, and your network is secured with WPA, you're sadly out of luck. :( Sorry!

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
This is the same problem I had when I was trying to connect with Pokemon Heart Gold. From my understanding, DS games are only compatible with WEP security, and are not compatible with WPA security. Even though you can enjoy online features on your 3DS using WPA security, you can not do so with DS games. So if you are like me, and your network is secured with WPA, you're sadly out of luck. :( Sorry!

But the internet works on my sister's DSi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom