• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Confirms Triforce is Obtainable in Skyward Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
It wasn't a major part of the plot in Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, or Twilight Princess.

Yes, but it wasn't obtainable in those games. I wouldn't see why it would be obtainable and not be a major plot point, which is what's being said here. -_-

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Sent: June 2nd, 2011
Hello Nintendo. There has been much talk recently about the highly anticipated The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword coming for Wii this holiday season. Many fans are curious as to whether or not the Triforce will appear in a more physical form than some of the more recent games in the series. Do you have any comments on this?

Now, here is the email that I recieved in reply from them on June 4th, 2011:
Hello,

Thank you for writing. I'm glad you've taken the time to question us about our upcoming game, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Unfortunately, as the game has not been released yet, I cannot divulge too much information about the game. However, I understand your concerns about certain elements of the series remaining in the game. All I can say is the Triforce that you refer to plays no major part in the main plot of the game, but that doesn't mean it isn't in there. All I can say is search in the large cloud.

We encourage you to check our website at http://www.nintendo.com/

Sincerely,

Alain Dao
Nintendo of America Inc.
Here is what makes me the most skeptical. The quote "All I can say is search in the large cloud." makes me skeptical because from what we have seen the entire overworld of the above clouds portion of the game is just that clouds. This is too vague a statement to be true. It would be like saying that in TP the Triforce could be found on the ground. The whole game is on the ground.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
My Troll'o'Meter reaches the 90% dimension. Isn't this an obvious Fake or Hoax? Guys. I mean, if I send such an Mail to Nintendo of Europe, they would laugh at me. And I would receive an auto generated Mail back as an answer.

If it is so easy to gain as an simple custometer such important infos just by mailing a question to Nintendo, than everyone could now use this method. I simply don't believe it.

2. The big dome-like cloud. It's wayyyy too much of a coincidence that the one thing that relates to the Triforce is something that we've already seen, that's one of the most mysterious things in all of our current Skyward Sword information, and has been theorized about recently.

Well, that's interesting. Is this cloud featured in the new Trailer? Please, someone, tell me about this cloud :O

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
My Troll'o'Meter reaches the 90% dimension. Isn't this an obvious Fake or Hoax? Guys. I mean, if I send such an Mail to Nintendo of Europe, they would laugh at me. And I would receive an auto generated Mail back as an answer.

If it is so easy to gain as an simple custometer such important infos just by mailing a question to Nintendo, than everyone could now use this method. I simply don't believe it.

Well, that's interesting. Is this cloud featured in the new Trailer? Please, someone, tell me about this cloud :O

It's in the Bird Riding demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzatNtinHsE

The huge cloud in the far back.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I really don't see this as anything at all. The Triforce is not something that would be behind the clouds. Plus, it's not just something they throw in there for us to find. This kind of thing has come up before, anyway. Remember the "Triforce Hunt" of OoT? Yeah, that never existed in the final version. Sorry, man, but this really seems like you're making this up. Plus, it doesn't even directly say it is in the game. I'm calling bull on this one.

L

liljes

I really don't see this as anything at all. The Triforce is not something that would be behind the clouds.

If it is not something that would be behind the clouds, then why would it say in Ocarina that the three Goddesses departed for the heavens and left three golden triangles at their meeting point... in the sky?

And also, to everyone saying the Triforce cannot be in the game without being a maion part of the plot, for all you know it could be a post-story scene kind of thing. You find it, and only those that manage to find it are shown the connection between the Triforce and subsequent Zelda games.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
If it is not something that would be behind the clouds, then why would it say in Ocarina that the three Goddesses departed for the heavens and left three golden triangles at their meeting point... in the sky?

"The heavens" can mean so many things, man. That's not sufficient evidence at all.

And also, to everyone saying the Triforce cannot be in the game without being a maion part of the plot, for all you know it could be a post-story scene kind of thing. You find it, and only those that manage to find it are shown the connection between the Triforce and subsequent Zelda games.

Well, see, I'm assuming Link doesn't have a balanced heart, but one that most resembles courage. So if he were to attain it, it would probably split, which is what it isn't in OoT. Really, man, I don't really ever see the Triforce something we actually find in the games. (ALttP was different, as it was to undo what Ganon did, and it was an earlier game.)

L

liljes

Yeah but what if he finds it, and then there is a scene where the sages build the Temple of Time and seal it in the Sacred Realm? I don't know, no matter how this is disproved, it doesn't matter to me, because this is what Nintendo sent me, and I am NOT a troll.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Yeah but what if he finds it, and then there is a scene where the sages build the Temple of Time and seal it in the Sacred Realm? I don't know, no matter how this is disproved, it doesn't matter to me, because this is what Nintendo sent me, and I am NOT a troll.

It was already in the Sacred Realm, as is stated in OoT by the Deku Tree. The Temple of Time was built as a defense to the Sacred Realm, and the Master Sword was the final lock and key.

Yeah but what if he finds it, and then there is a scene where the sages build the Temple of Time and seal it in the Sacred Realm?

That would be EXTREMELY significant to the plot.

I can guarantee you that no Nintendo rep responding from that email address will know enough about the game to be able to tell you anything about the Triforce. The email reps know about as much as the E3 reps, who didn't even know what the Wii U was going to be called until an hour before the show floor opened (so said one of them to me at E3).

L

liljes

Fine then, I'll just prove it to you. Nintendo sent me a picture of Link obtaining the Triforce.SkywardSwordTriforce.jpg

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
LOL @ THE PICTURE.

Anyways, i'm guessing it's going to be some kind of easter egg or special secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom