• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Codename NX

Nintendo Codename NX - The new Nintendo Console being created. As far as I know it's the WiiU successor. You can already pre-order it at certain places. Crazy I know.

What do you think about this? And will you get one in a few years time?

I'll defo pre-order it if there is any good release games for it.

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
Well, they said they'll talk about it next year. Which means it will only come around about '17-18.
Either it'll be a new console, or it'll be new version of the 'U. Though let's be honest, it's probably just gonna be a new console.

Sheik

:the:
According to the website I found,

"As proof that Nintendo maintains strong enthusiasm for the dedicated game system business, let me confirm that Nintendo is currently developing a dedicated game platform with a brand-new concept under the development codename "NX." It is too early to elaborate on the details of this project, but we hope to share more information with you next year."

I'm suspicious of this "brand new concept".

From the CEO's mouth:
Nintendo has decided to deploy its video game business on smart devices but it is not because we have lost passion or vision for the business of dedicated video game systems. On the contrary, now that we have decided how we will make use of smart devices, we have come to hold an even stronger passion and vision for the dedicated video game system business than ever before. Nintendo has made this decision because we have concluded that the approach of making use of smart devices is a rational way for us to encourage even more people around the world to recognize the great value of the wonderful game software available on our dedicated game systems.

As proof that Nintendo maintains strong enthusiasm for the dedicated game system business, let me confirm that Nintendo is currently developing a dedicated game platform with a brand-new concept under the development codename “NX.” It is too early to elaborate on the details of this project, but we hope to share more information with you next year. — Satoru Iwata

This image is to do with the Club Nintendo successor.

11025650_10153081846419651_22884726768707242_n.jpg

It makes me think that the NX might run along aside the WiiU/3DS for a while.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
My reaction to this:

cheers-slow-clap.gif

Finally Nintendo have stopped stubbornly digging their heels in with archaic principles and are embracing the stuff everyone has been embracing for the past few years; it's been like pulling teeth but I'm happy to finally see it happen.

And this concept is a great one, in regards to the accompanying online service rolling out. It's very much what Microsoft are doing with Windows 10, creating a unified interface across all platforms to make everything smoother and easier on both the consumer and developer, and it's a great strategy. It'll be interesting to see how their hardware synergises with PC's, phones and tablets.

I'm not going to speculate on what NX will end up being, I do not think it will be a traditional home console as we know it and at this point who the **** can guess what Nintendo will do, I just can't wait to hear more!

It's about time they're branching out to mobile. This is a good way to give more exposure to their IP's and show that they're still relevant. As for the NX, I'm not gonna say anything about it until the full reveal next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom