• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Nintendo at E3 Will Focus on the New Smash Bros.

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/26/17288862/when-is-nintendo-e3-2018-direct-super-smash-bros

So apparently Nintendo will focus mostly on the new Smash Bros. for Switch at E3 this year. I personally find this to be pretty underwhelming, probably because Nintendo has disappointed me greatly within the last year. I am excited to see gameplay for the new Smash though.

So how do you guys feel about this? Are you excited for Nintendo's showcase at E3 or underwhelmed so far?

That was painfully obvious since the moment Nintendo dropped the Smash Bros hint at the end fo the last Direct.

Are you excited for Nintendo's showcase at E3 or underwhelmed so far?
How can someone be underwhelmed for something that we do not know everything about is beyond me. We don't know what the full line up will be for Nintendo at E3 this year.
On a personal note, I think some people always expect the impossible from E3 presentations and of cause this will leave them coming away disappointed. People need to have more conservative expectations. I've been really pleased with the past few years of Nintendo at E3. Even if Star Foz Zero was not as good as hyped, the presentation for it was still really good.

Also focusing on one game from a popular series can work really well. If that game IP is popular enough. Last year proved this. Zelda was 95% of Nintendo's focus at E3 and it was one of the best presentations from anyone that year. If done well Smash Bros could even out sell Breath of the Wild. The WiiU ports on Switch have sold really well. Smash Bros is on another level though in terms of sales and fan interest. Even the WiiU Smash Bros, as flawed as it was, still sold relatively well.

The only question that we do not have an answer to yet is if Smash for Switch is a true port or a new game or a port that is called a new game (Splatoon as an example).

I am not pleased or underwhelmed for this year's E3 because I have not yet experienced it, no one has till it actually happens. I am moderately hyped for it though. Nintendo is focusing on games to be released this year. That's a good thing. Everyone I know and many people I don't know all say one similar thing. An E3 presentation with mostly info about games not released that year is a hype/buszz kill. Nintendo is slowly realising this. Also we can be pretty sertain that when Nintendo say a game is 2018, it will actually release 2018. Nintendo did not have a single 1st or 2nd party game that slipped in release date from 2017 to 2018. 100% of the announced games released in 2017 roughly when Nintendo said they would. That's not an easy thing to achieve and they do deserve much praise for that.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
That is fsir and I am looking forward to more details. The rest I don't vsre too much about. They have the rigjt to focus on 1 certain game

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom