• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo 3DS Price Drop-should We Be Conerned?

Well regarding the news to the price drop, first off,
AMBASSADORS!!!! Woot! It is so awesome. And it sounds so official. Ambassador. Ambassador for Nintendo Axelotl. I like the ring to that.

2. Should we be concerned. The 3DS hasn't even be out for a year, or even 6 months (I don't think), and we already have a massive price drop. I know there aren't a lot of great games out, but there have only been a few hundred thousand or so sold, not even up to 1,000,000 sales yet. I am just concerned that this console might be a flop. I mean, Wii sales are also falling (then again, chances are most people have them), down to what... $150 (Australian). And with all the new hardware, people buying into the graphics hype and whatnot, and the somewhat "negative" reception the WiiU has been given, should we be worried for Nintendos wellbeing. I know this topic started out 3DS, but it somehow transformed into Nintendo in general. Seriously, If Nintendo lost out, I would lose it. They deserve the top spot, and they should get top spot damn it. (Not saying that sony shouldn't. "Flame Shield" Can't say the same for XBox) anyway, I apologize for the long topic.

anyway,
Ariados:S

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
No, we don't need to be concerned. If anything, this (combined with the games launching later this year, like Super Mario 3D Land and Kid Icarus) will get the 3DS in even more hands. Which means that even more people are likely to buy games, which is where Nintendo makes most of its profit anyway.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Michael Heide has a point. With the price drop, more people will have the money and be more inclined to buy the 3DS. And of course, eventually, new games like Super Mario Land 3D, Kid Icarus:Uprising, maybe even Devil Survivor Overclocked 3D. (Trust me when I say that I'm getting my hands on that game.) With Nintendo focussing on the 3DS and it's software, they have to make decisions that will make more profit for Nintendo than before. If enough 3DS's and games are bought, then Nintendo's overall profit will be higher than before because of less people buying the 3DS. In my opinion, this is a good move for Nintendo. Plus, some other people might want in on the Ambassador program, and buy a 3DS before the price drop. Which also brings in more profit.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
You should be to some extent. Nintendo's stocks haven't been this low since the '80s. They have lost millions of dollars which is probably the main reason for the price drop. I think the Nintendo expect to drop the price before the first holiday season to rake in as much money as possible.

I think that some of it is probably due to the lack of big-name games out for the 3DS (I know, OoT is a big-name game, but besides that), but you also have to take the economy into account. A lot of people are unemployed, and they can't afford to buy a new game console. So while some concern is perhaps warranted, there are other factors to keep in mind, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom