• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo 2DS

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
$40 cheaper for no 3D and not being able to close it.... How can you fit that in a purse or pocket?

Big Octo

=^)
It looks like a brick that would fit very uncomfortably in the hands. The fact that it can't fold together seems like it would make it a pain to take around, as it wouldn't fit in many pockets. Also, why would they take away a main selling point of the system? It's almost as if they don't want this thing to sell. If you ask me, it just seems like a wasted effort.

Dimooshky

The Mauve Avenger
Wow... I'm really not sure what to make of this. It looks really weird and has no 3d. But it is really cheap. It's basically the DS version of the GameBoy Micro. Really odd move but might prove very successful as I can't imagine it costs a lot to produce :)

Kirino

Tatakae
It's apparently an "entry-level" handheld made to appeal to younger gamers, as the 3D feature is aimed towards players 7 and up (and deemed unsafe for younger players). I'm not sure what the point of changing the design is, though. It looks uncomfortable to hold, difficult to carry around, and kind of ugly. Not to mention the title will seriously confuse consumers.

I do understand the reasoning for making this but I think Nintendo haven't really thought this through in terms of when to release this. They should of released this at the beginning then release the 3DS, that way there wouldn't be much hate towards this. My main problem with this is that the Buttons are in a very awkward place; They are pretty much at the top screen instead of the bottom and that would cause some awkwardness when interacting with the touchscreen.

This is clearly aimed at a people aged 6 and under who aren't supposed to be viewing games in 3D, so there's at least one purpose for it but people will generally go for the 3DS anyway so I don't see this making tons of money.

Last edited:

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Why is this a thing? Why does this exist? You take out the two features that make us want to buy a 3ds and throw it on the market. It's like a GBA with better graphics. 2/10.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I came into this thread excited, but I'm pretty disappointed now. If it was just a 3DS without the 3D, I'd be all over that, and I think the name's quite cute, the 2DS. But this new model, ergh, it doesn't look very ergonomic, it's lost that bit of portability, and it's pretty ugly, so, I'm really not going to be buying this. I know it's designed for kids but even then I'd rather get them a normal 3DS and just rip off the slider if I was scared the 3D would melt their eyeballs or something.

Bad show.

It's looks bulky, but perfectly suitable and designed for children so I don't see why everyone is getting their panties in a wad.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
I just found this and...I died.

tumblr_ms94arAAU81s514nio1_500.jpg

This system though, I don't even know what Nintendo is doing here really, it's beyond my interest and just all of my what.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
JuicieJ said:
People are hating on this this... why? One, it's made for small children, so like Turo said, quit your *****ing, because none of us are small children. And, two, there ARE people out there who don't give two flying ****s about the 3D capabilities of the 3DS, so having this available for a MUCH CHEAPER PRICE is perfect for them.

Geez, get over yourselves.
With the question being "What are your thoughts on this?" I think it's safe to say people are aloud to state their opinion, which they have.

I will say the same and to be honest I don't like the design and I think it's lost its continence somewhat. I just think the idea is rather redundant and it's yet another version of a handheld which Nintendo's keeps on doing. It's all good for business, but meh I'm not fond of that kind of product life cycle.

Salem

SICK
I'm not sure how I feel about the ABXY buttons being so far up, close to the top screen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom