• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo: ‘We Haven’t Solved’ the Unified Account Issue Yet"

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Shoutout to GenGAME for the following.

Q: As someone who’s made a pretty significant investment in digital purchases for 3DS, I feel there may be some games that work better on 2DS than on 3DS — Virtual Console, for instance. But the 3DS games that have 3D functionality, I’d rather keep them on the 3DS. It’s not really possible to do that…

Scott Moffitt: It’s not tied to an account. Yeah. We haven’t solved that yet.

Q: Are you working on solving it? It sounds like, to date, Nintendo has been pretty content to keep things as they are.

Scott Moffitt: If you look at the account system, the network ID system that exists now on Wii U, that’s an effort for us to move beyond a device-centric approach to an account-centric approach. But we haven’t done it on the handheld side of the business at this point. We hear that feedback. We hear that criticism, or whatever you want to call it, from time to time. We’re not blind to it. But it’s not something we’ve solved.

Well, it's still a problem as of now, but at least the Big N has acknowledged it. Hopefully we'll get a patch in the near future to add in connected accounts.

Fig

The Altruist
Well at least the problem has been acknowledged, although I really wanted Nintendo to solve the problem as quickly as possible, but I don't the wait. That's Nintendo for ya! XD

Salem

SICK
So in the future there will be one Nintendo account for all online purchases and they include the Wii/U and the 3DS? I hope they make so if I bought that game on Wii U, I can download it again on 3DS with no extra charges, they should have all consoles have the same VC library on both consoles. At least that's what I assume what they meant by unified account.

The sooner they implement the unified account, the better.

Last edited:

Big Octo

=^)
While I'm not an owner of the Wii U (yet), this is good news to hear. I've payed for and downloaded a good number of games to my 3DS, and it would be a real pleasure to be re-download and play them on the Wii U without having to pay more. Having a unified library of digital games under an account should be something for Nintendo to really focus on.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Nintendo are pretty much a generation behind when it comes to digital. :P It'll be nice to see them fix this and always nice when a company openly acknowledges a problem rather than hides from it, can always respect that, but, with the Wii U too, I'm staying relatively away from digital sales on any Ninty platform.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's good that the folks acknowledged the problem...so I guess the only stuff to complain about is that it hasn't been fixed. I bet you good moneh that Nintendo is trying to fix it in a "unique way" instead of using the obvious solutions demonstrated in PSN, Steam, and XBL.

Salem

SICK
I bet you good moneh that Nintendo is trying to fix it in a "unique way" instead of using the obvious solutions demonstrated in PSN, Steam, and XBL.
I shudder to think what "unique way" they could do it...

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I am still surprised that Nintendo hasn't made a unified account system thing yet. At least they addressed the issue though.

Just sounds like a bunch of crap to me, and that they're just trying to get people to stop asking for now. I love you Nintendo, but get to it already.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I've never seen Nintendo avoid fixing a problem they've directly addressed.

I will slap you with the term "hotfix". Don't talk about fixing the problem; just fix it. It's great to hear that Nintendo is aware of the circumstances, but the circumstances aren't at all changed so the digital players (myself included) are in a bind until Big N starts cleaning up its mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom