• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nightmare Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Welcome to Nightmare Mafia!

Rules
- Do not reveal your roles outside of the thread. Mystery and assumptions are the point of this game, so if all the Townies band together through PMs you will ruin this game. Play with integrity. Lying is fine though. Mafia members may lie that they are Townie. Deception is a major aspect of this game.
- You may only post in the Day period.
- Vote and unvote in the format: Vote: Player X; Unvote; Please post these in BOLD
- DO NOT REVEAL ANY INFORMATION AFTER YOU HAVE DIED. If you are a Mafia member and you die, do not reveal to anyone who else is Mafia because that information may end up in the hands of the Townies.
- DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS. DO NOT DELETE YOUR POSTS. I hope I don't have to repeat it again. This is a cardinal rule. Editing your posts is a no no. If you have something more to say, or need to edit a section of your post then MAKE ANOTHER POST saying what you need to say. If you are caught editing, you will be ModKilled. Same goes for deleting posts.
- You may not post any information (quotes or screencaps or allusions) that relates to anything outside of the thread itself. So no evidence using the "Who's Online" or Shoutbox.
- You may roleclaim at any point in the game, but you may not copy paste or screen cap the role PM sent to you. You may only paraphrase it in your own words. Be warned though, role and name claiming is especially dangerous.
- One roleclaim per day (fake or not). Any number of counter claims allowed.
- Soft claiming is allowed.
- Do not talk about this game outside of the designated area(s), aka the game thread and/or Quicktopics that I have provided.
- If you refer to me, please bold my name. Makes it easier to see.
- You may not copy/past, or post any PMs I send you (including the role PM) word for word. They MUST be paraphrased/stated in your own words.
- If the day ends with no majority, the player with the most votes will be lynched as long as it is higher than or equal to half majority (rounded up). Ex: Player count is 13, majority is 7, at deadline the player with most votes at 4 or above is lynched.
- If there is a tie for votes at deadline, or the votes are under half majority, there will be a No Lynch.
- You may ask for an Extension. Just bold my name and ask (no need to vote: Extension).

Game Specific Rules:
- Traditional Day Phase is referred to as The Sleeping Phase
- Traditional Night Phase is referred to as The Waking Phase
- Each Sleeping phase, the game takes place in the mind of a player. The rest of the players are not told who's mind it takes place in, but that specific player is told by PM. This grants the player specific special abilities that relates to their mind state/subconscious. The mind state for each Sleeping Period is chosen at random with a random number generator.
- Each mind state is selected only once. Your mind state may not even be selected at all if you die early.
- If the game gets to a point where all the mind states of the remaining players have already been selected, using a RNG, I will reselect a mind state.

Players: 13
A Link In Time
LittleGumball
Dekunut
Crusader77x
Blackkirby
Pendio
Scarfed
Lady of the Leaves
fused_shadows
Heroine of Time
Linkdude74
Musicfan
Mido

Replacements: 3
Sadia
Go_Dark_Link
Repentance

13 inmates wearing white clothes sat in their cells. They stood when autonomous guards came and open their cell doors. They were ushered in single file, hand cuffed, to a large room with 13 beds in it. Each bed was attached to a monitor and had many wires coming out of it.

A bespectacled man stood behind a two-way mirror looking into the room, his arms folded. The lady beside him was stern looking, and held a clipboard.

"Do you think it was one of them?" she said.

"It has to be. We've narrowed down our search to these 13. We've hit a roadblock in our search so getting into their minds is our best bet."

The inmates were strapped onto the beds and poked and prodded with wires, and IVs. A voice then came on over the loud speaker.

"Our search for those responsible for unleashing the virus that killed most of humanity 10 years ago has lead us to you 13. We know many of you are innocent, but some among you are guilty. We have asked all the questions we could ask, but the answer still eludes us. Today you will be participating in an experiment. You will delve into your own minds, and be connected together as you sleep. It is up to each of you to dig deeper into the minds of the other participants and find the answers we need. There are many kinks in this system but time is running out, so we haven't had time to work through them all. Because of this, each night, we will use one mind as the 'host', and it will host the rest of the participants. Be warned though, if you die while hooked up to the machine, you will die in the waking world too".

There was a pause. The inmates felt drowsy, and began to start falling asleep.

"Good luck".

The inmates all woke up inside the mind of one of their own, though they were unsure who it was. Time to get to work.

Players: 13
A Link In Time
LittleGumball
Dekunut
Crusader77x
Blackkirby
Pendio
Scarfed
Lady of the Leaves
fused_shadows
Heroine of Time
Linkdude74
Musicfan
Mido

Sleeping Phase 1 Begins
Phase ends on Wednesday Dec 10th.
With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to reach a majority.

Last edited:

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Vote Tally 1.1

Heroine of Time: 1 (Lady of the Leaves)

No votes cast: A Link In Time, LittleGumball, Dekunut, Crusader77x, Blackkirby, Pendio, Scarfed, fused_shadows, Heroine of Time, Linkdude74, Musicfan, Mido
With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.
Phase ends Wed. Dec. 10th, at 11:59pm EST.

As the men and women started to get their bearings, one of the inmates realized his own thoughts could change the dreaming world around him. He then focused his thoughts on a particular person.
That person began to feel weak all of a sudden, but the moment passed. The person stood up straight again, and looked around at the others. None of the inmates noticed this, save for one; the one who's mind the rest of them were currently in.

Last edited:

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I like how Viral made Day 1 only four irl days. :)

Judging by the first vote count, clearly the person who is the host has the ability where the first vote placed reveals some sort of information. Judging by Viral's first vote count post, Heroine started to feel weak because of Lady's vote, which was only noticed by the host. Maybe the host received some sort of information on Heroine? Maybe alignment, role, or ability. This is pure speculation, of course.

And now, to see what how far we an stretch this.....

Vote: Heroine of Time

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Vote Tally 1.2

Heroine of Time: 3 (Lady of the Leaves, fused_shadows, Musicfan)
Crusader77x: 2 (Pendio, A Link In Time)

No votes cast: LittleGumball, Dekunut, Crusader77x, Blackkirby, Scarfed, Heroine of Time, Linkdude74, Mido
With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.
Phase ends Wed. Dec. 10th, at 11:59pm EST.

@Alit: Each day think of there being a 'host'. You're all in this host's mind so that confers to the host certain advantages depending on their mind state. The host doesn't change until the day ends and the new day begins. Hope that clears any confusion. Only the person who's mind you are all in currently is informed of that. Everyone else is in the dark.

Edit: Edited the last post (Tally 1.1) to include a bit more detail. Shouldn't change much.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Wow! This theme is really cool! :cool:

Vote: Thar

*Waves to Mido* :wave:

I'm not too sure about the mental states theme. Do we enter the state of the last voter or whoever has the most votes on them at the time?

Time to find out.

Vote: Thareous

Searching... Searching... Error. Entry not found. Please try under the C:/Vote: fused_shadows directory.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Edit: Edited the last post (Tally 1.1) to include a bit more detail. Shouldn't change much.

yfw it changes everything

As the men and women started to get their bearings, one of the inmates realized his own thoughts could change the dreaming world around him. He then focused his thoughts on a particular person.
That person began to feel weak all of a sudden, but the moment passed. The person stood up straight again, and looked around at the others. None of the inmates noticed this, save for one; the one who's mind the rest of them were currently in.

So with the new and improved.... erm.... not sure what to call this, but whatever. With the new and improved ^ this thing, it is clear that Lady's vote on heroine clearly did not trigger ^ this thing. Instead it appears that whoever is the host has the ability to effect only one person. I wonder what it means when the person "began to feel weak".... perhaps they lost their night action, or their vote. Pure speculation until we have more information, of course.

---

Also, another thing..... it was clearly stated in the OP that the host for each Day would get PM'd telling them they are the host. With ALIT's post of ignorance, it raises the question: is he clearly not the host, because he didn't get PM'd, or is he the host, and knowingly tried to convince others he wasn't by pretending to be ignorant of how the system works? Classic WIFOM, however, the odds are more in favour of the first situation being true, as technically there was only a 1/13 of him being the host anyway.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
So with the new and improved.... erm.... not sure what to call this, but whatever. With the new and improved ^ this thing, it is clear that Lady's vote on heroine clearly did not trigger ^ this thing. Instead it appears that whoever is the host has the ability to effect only one person. I wonder what it means when the person "began to feel weak".... perhaps they lost their night action, or their vote. Pure speculation until we have more information, of course.

Based on what I received, I think the mind state has something linked to their role. Is there any roles that cause a person to be unable to vote? I haven't ever seen one, so I'm assuming this case would be a role block. I guess we'll find out for sure eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom