• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Night Hut Mafia - The Treacherous Neighborhoods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deep in the mountains, there exists a small village. Once clean and well maintained, the village has fallen into neglect and disorder. Now a new threat presents itself. The mafia has infiltrated the neighborhoods. It's time to find them and restore order to the village once and for all.

tAoMM.jpg

Game Info:

Host: A Link In Time
Day/Night Lengths: 24 hours/24 hours
Start of Day/End of Day: 12 AM EST/12 AM EST
Lynch Mechanics: Deadline lynch. Tied wagons at end of day will result in a random lynch.
Setup Type: Open
Mafia Chat: 24/7
Neighborhood Chat: 24/7
Assigned Kills: Yes
Out of thread communication: Only in assigned neighborhood and mafia quicktopics.

Setup Information:

General Setup Notes:

1. Each neighborhood contains one mafia member. The town's goal is to eliminate the three mafia members scattered across these neighborhoods. Additionally, there is one survivor in the game. The survivor can be in any one neighborhood.
2. The mafia's kill must be assigned to a specific member of the mafia team every night. This means that the night kill may be protected against, roleblocked, or redirected, except under certain conditions.
3. The list of roles in this setup and sample role PMs for each role can be found below.

5 Vanilla Townies
1 Town Hot Potato
1 Town Asshole
1 Town Jailkeeper
1 Mafia Solar Eclipse Astronomer
1 Mafia Strongman (1-shot)
1 Mafia Tracker
1 Survivor

Vanilla Townie:

Hello Mases,

You are a Vanilla Townie. Your weapon is your vote. You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated. Please confirm that you have received this PM in the sign-up thread as soon as possible.

Town Hot Potato:

Hello Axle the Beast,

You are the Town Hot Potato. At the start of the game, you possess the “Hot Potato” item. This item must be passed onto a new player on night 1. The player who receives the Hot Potato on night 1 will then pass it onto another player on night 2 and so on. Any player carrying this item cannot use any night action on the night that they are passing it off to someone new. You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated. Please confirm that you have received this PM in the sign-up thread as soon as possible.

Town Asshole:

Hello Josh,

You are the Town Asshole. Every night you may choose to hide behind a target. If someone targets you at night, the person you hide behind will die in your place. If anyone goes after your target, however, both you and your target will die. You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated. Please confirm that you have received this PM in the sign-up thread as soon as possible.

Town Jailkeeper:

Hello Kenpari,

You are the Town Jailkeeper. Every night you may place a player in jail. This will protect them from death that night, but the protected player may not use any night actions that night. You may not protect the same player on consecutive nights. You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated. Please confirm that you have received this PM in the sign-up thread as soon as possible.

Mafia Solar Eclipse Astronomer:

Hello Heroine of Time,

You are the Mafia Solar Eclipse Astronomer. Once during the game, starting on Day 2, you may choose to predict a solar eclipse. An announcement will be made in the thread that your power is in use. You must guess either the number 1 or 2, and if you guess correctly, the next day phase will be skipped. This goes into effect immediately after the night phase before or during which you use your action. As a mafia member, you have access to the Mafia Factional Kill. Players targeted by this action will die at the end of the night unless protected. The Mafia Factional Kill must be assigned to a member of the Mafia team every night. You win when the Mafia reaches parity with the Town. Please confirm that you have received this PM in the sign-up thread as soon as possible.

Mafia Strongman (1-shot):

Hello fused_shadows,

You are the Mafia Strongman (1-shot). Once during the game, you may choose to strongman a kill. This is done by assigning the Mafia Factional Kill to you and using your ability. This grants immunity against the action being protected against or redirected. As a mafia member, you have access to the Mafia Factional Kill. Players targeted by this action will die at the end of the night unless protected. The Mafia Factional Kill must be assigned to a member of the Mafia team every night. You win when the Mafia reaches parity with the Town. Please confirm that you have received this PM in the sign-up thread as soon as possible.

Mafia Tracker:

Hello Viral Maze,

You are the Mafia Tracker. During each night, you may track the actions of any one chosen player. You will learn who, if anyone, that player used a night action on that same night. As a mafia member, you have access to the Mafia Factional Kill. Players targeted by this action will die at the end of the night unless protected. The Mafia Factional Kill must be assigned to a member of the Mafia team every night. You win when the Mafia reaches parity with the Town. Please confirm that you have received this PM in the sign-up thread as soon as possible.

Survivor:

Hello LittleGumball,

You are the Survivor. As a third party, you win by surviving until either the Town or Mafia achieves their win condition. Please confirm that you have received this PM in the sign-up thread as soon as possible.

Rules:

1. Know the basic mafia rules.
2. Out of thread communication is only allowed in assigned neighborhood, mafia, and graveyard chats.
3. Role claiming of any kind is NOT allowed.
4. Bold your votes and unvotes and put them on a separate line.
5. There will be no votes for extensions this game.
6. Do not edit or remove your posts. Doing so will result in a modkill.
7. You may not use your Role PMs as evidence.
8. Post at least five times a game day. Failure to do so will result in a warning. Failure to do so again will result in you being replaced.
9. Majority is off in this game. Whoever has the most votes at deadline will be lynched.
10. You may reveal who is in your neighborhood.
11. You may not quote posts from your neighborhood chat, but you may paraphrase discussion in your neighborhood chat to support your arguments.
12. You may make one post wishing your faction good luck after your death.
13. If you have any questions about the game, such as the roles included in this setup, please PM me. I will make a public service announcement with the answer to your question if it is pertinent to everyone in the game.

The Living (12):

1. Cslaught02
2. DekuNut
3. Jamie
4. Johnny Sooshi
5. karu
6. kokirion
7. Libk
8. Mido
9. Minish_Link
10. Pendio
11. Prophecies About Bok Choy
12. Storm

The Dead (0):

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I think we should all reveal who is in our neighbourhoods. Reason being is as soon as a mafia member dies, all of the people in that neighbourhood will be immediately cleared. Likewise, if 3 members in a neighbourhood die and none are mafia, we know for certain that the remaining member is mafia. Every time a neighbourhood member dies and is revealed as town, it becomes easier to pinpoint who is scum in that neighbourhood. Just want to make sure others agree with me before I throw my neighbourhood members under the bus accidentally, but I think this is the best immediate course of action.

D

Deleted member 14134

As this my second game I have to say I'm pretty excited for this one as it seems like it's going to be pretty unique and fast paced. Here's hoping I make it farther than last time. Also I think it would be good to reveal who's in which neighbourhood as we will know which 3 groups of people have a mafia member

Mido

Version 1
Vote: Minish_Link

Speedlynch, ahoy!

I think we should all reveal who is in our neighbourhoods. Reason being is as soon as a mafia member dies, all of the people in that neighbourhood will be immediately cleared. Likewise, if 3 members in a neighbourhood die and none are mafia, we know for certain that the remaining member is mafia. Every time a neighbourhood member dies and is revealed as town, it becomes easier to pinpoint who is scum in that neighbourhood. Just want to make sure others agree with me before I throw my neighbourhood members under the bus accidentally, but I think this is the best immediate course of action.

This is an interesting idea. I like it, especially since it gives us a decent framework to track alignment.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
I disagree with this. what if you're Scum? you could frame anybody and be dishonest about your hood just as easily as anyone else can. sure we have 3 other people to corroborate we arein fact in their house, but confusion is the game and frankly I'm not quite Sure I should Trust you. for All I know, you're the Asshole

Storm

EBWODP: wanted to recolor more things

Storm

I think we should honestly just consider revealing neighbors as tandemount to Role Claiming, and a MKable offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom